Replacement heated wing mirror glass

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ga33a
Caddy2k Groupie

Replacement heated wing mirror glass

Post by Ga33a »

My heated wing mirrors don’t work. There’s power to the doors so I’m assuming that the heating element has burnt out. I’d like to get them working ready for the winter so can anyone advise:
1. Where’s the best place to get replacements (I just need the glass not the whole mirror).
2. How do you get the old glass out? In the past, on other cars, I’ve simply pulled and the glass and it’s backing plate have popped out. Is this how it works on a Caddy? Just want to be sure before I end up doing additional damage.
thanks in advance for any help.
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Re: Replacement heated wing mirror glass

Post by NZDubNurd »

Is the adjuster switch set to the heat position?

Unusual for them both to be burnt out :?:
Ga33a
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ga33a »

Hi, yes definitely in the heating position but they're both stone cold. I know they don't operate until the temperature is below a certain figure but when I tried them (to clear the condensation on the glass) the multifunction display was showing 6 degrees.
I would have gone looking for a fuse but according to other posts on here the mirrors are on the same fuse as the windows and they work OK.
drivingban
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by drivingban »

Where did you manage to source the replacement glass from?

I’ve seen some on Amazon… they’re listed as the same ones as the T5 2003-2009 but will find out when they arrive.
59 Plate Caddymaxi 1.9TDI 105HP. Vanman White.