fitting ARB awning with poptop

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
siimmsy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

fitting ARB awning with poptop

Post by siimmsy »

Hi Folks,

looking to get poptop fitted to our 2012 Maxi Life, however we have ARB awning attached to roof rack at the mo and would like to keep it - no idea how we would fit once poptop is in place.

Any idea/help much appreceiated

cheers

Ian
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: fitting ARB awning with poptop

Post by Doc »

Welcome to the forum.
I'd guess with a bit of custom fabrication, you could have both without issues.
It will depend on the structural strength left in the roof after the pop top is cut out so your choice of pop top may be critical.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
PJD
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: fitting ARB awning with poptop

Post by PJD »

How about fitting an awning rail. Like the Vamoose or Fiamma ones. They will fit on the edge of the van after the pop top is in place. They have a c channel for a fabric awning and a profile that is standard for brackets to fit a wind-out awning to. The brackets will raise the awning up and out.

https://everythingfiamma.co.uk/product/ ... vw-t6-swb/