Maxi - Not a Show Van

Show off your caddy
Be4ny13
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Maxi - Not a Show Van

Post by Be4ny13 »

Been hunting for caddy life sliding door cards for years and finally give up searching. Haven't seen many people do similar storage boxes in the lower of the sliding doors but found enough examples on Transporter forums and elsewhere to get any idea of what I'd like and would look good. Have used as much of the dead space in the doors as I can to fit a simple box mounted on the back of a door panel. Built one for each side but ran out of glue to trim both, gives me something to do next weekend!ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Far From Perfect, Perfect From Far
Be4ny13
Caddy Fan

Post by Be4ny13 »

Had a solid Easter weekend of stripping the back of the caddy to add more sound deadening, redo the wheel arch boxes, cut new side panels and lay new carpet all over. I wanted more symmetrical wheel arch boxes, the jack is now laying at the back of the right wheel arch with a lid on top of the box. I like the bare metal carpeted backs as opposed to full smooth boarding but wanted the option to fix things (eventually a Nooks Design Nook Board) to the sides so got creative and have fixed ply panels in the window/side panels to give a similar effect. All covered in anthracite 4 way stretch carpet where needed and fixed with hidden screws in the carpet and trim clips so it's all easily removable if needed. Even quieter and smells of new carpet now! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

snuffegull
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by snuffegull »

Nice job! I like the arch boxes
Fen Man 82
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Fen Man 82 »

I do like the maxi's, and what a backdrop!
:D
gregw
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by gregw »

Looks great mate
Be4ny13
Caddy Fan

Post by Be4ny13 »

Thanks all! Thought I'd add a few more photos of the arch boxes ImageImageImageImageImageImage

snuffegull
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by snuffegull »

Yeah those look awesome! kinda makes me concider doing something simular
Poffe
100BHP+

Post by Poffe »

That looks really mega! I love the before and after carpeting pictures. I really gets my inspiration going.
Caddy Maxi 1.6 TDI -2014. First time VW/Caddy owner, already deep in the rabbit hole

Caddy Maxi - daily and camper build
Be4ny13
Caddy Fan

Post by Be4ny13 »

Poffe wrote:That looks really mega! I love the before and after carpeting pictures. I really gets my inspiration going.
I think it's mostly for my own reference where I've hidden screws but definitely goes to show that something made from scrap wood and offcuts of previous projects can look good when it's covered in carpet... even if I do say so myself!

Be4ny13
Caddy Fan

Post by Be4ny13 »

Quick bit of carpeting in the overhead tray today, that should stop stuff rattling up thereImage

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Be4ny13
Caddy Fan

Post by Be4ny13 »

Fitted a T-track rail into the floor for a better solution to mounting bikes and my storage box without using straps. I can now mount the forks then move bikes to where I want whenever I want. This should be much more versatile when I have multiple bikes in the back. With one bolt through the axle mount board done up tightly it seems to hold a bike pretty securely (can shake them loads and it rocks the whole van) but this will be tested when I go to Wales next month!ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk