My ex British Gas conversion

Show off your caddy
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My ex British Gas conversion

Post by robblowen »

@stu_b here's a link to the actual product. I didn't take any pictures while fitting and I'm at work tonight. I'll try and get some tomorrow if I get chance. The guys at Xplore are really helpful, they have photos of the carrier on its own and fitted. I'm really happy with it, changes the look of the van completely!

https://www.xplorecamperstore.co.uk/pro ... s=e&_v=1.0

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

nice craftsmanship
I don't know why I didn't think to search them online !!
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

More progress with the interior. Both door cards changed, swapped over the door exit lights and had to cut the touran handles for my door handle illumination. I can't believe how much better they show up with the touran door handles! I was always underwhelmed when I fitted them originally. I'll get photos tonight when it's dark. The door cards need a clean but so does the whole van. I needed to do the modifications and get them fitted between other things so didn't have time to clean them while they were off.ImageImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

And the Touran dash is 95% complete! I'm just waiting on a stereo surround from aliexpress and plug/terminals so I can wire in the glove box light. Then I just need to swap the front door tread panels as I didn't realise these needed changing to fit the lower a-pilla trims and dash board end panels in. Thats a job for tomorrow now!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Door in-steps, a-pillar lower trim and dash end trims all in place, footwell lighting secured again and the rear vent turned up today as well.

Other than the stereo/heater surround for the dash and 2 pieces of trim for the arm rest hinge that's the swap complete!ImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Wired in the glove box light to a switched live in the fuse box. Also swapped the bulb for an Osram led bulb. Also swapped out the plain black window switches for some nice brushed ally versions.ImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Bit of maintenance and some progress on the Ditch lights and wiring. Cleaned out behind the scuttle panel as I noticed last week it was pretty full of crap. Managed to get a good handful of mud, twigs and leaves from both sides. Fitted the brackets I made last week under the bonnet hinges and fitted the ditch lights to them, made up a loom and ran that behind the scuttle panel insulation. Fitted a 12v busbar/distribution box to tidy up the big cables supplying the split charge kit, lighting fuse box and tow bar socket. Just need to make up a short length of 10mm cable to feed the busbar then it'll be all up and running. Fitted the Auxbeam light switch panel, wiring and fuse box/distribution box. Once I've made up the power cable to the busbar this will control the ditch lights, lower grill lights and eventually the light bar on the roof. After seeing @the swan fiend skoda screenwash cap I had to try one out. Not the best looking thing in the world but it does make filling easier! Finally gave the engine bay a quick sponge bath as it was looking decidedly dusty!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Finished off a few small jobs this afternoon, picked up an owner's manual/folder as mine didn't come with one. Fitted some wiper arm nut covers. Made up the power cable for the Auxbeam control panel and fuse box and fixed the stickers onto the correct buttons for the cubes and grill lights. Also fitted some new touran/ed30 headlights with Osram bulbs all round. Just need to get them coded in properly now to get both bulbs working at the same time.ImageImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Finally got round to fitting the mk4 bumper I've had in the garage since last year, I got it from a bloke who tried to fit sensors but made one of the holes oversized which is why ive been putting it off. Got it out to measure and work out how I was going to rectify it, only to find although the hole was too big for the sensor it was still too small for the bracket.

So it turned out to be a simpler job than expected. Drilled out the holes for the PDC sensors, separated the PDC sensor brackets from the old bumper and cleaned them up. I had to trim a little bit off of one edge to get them to fit into the new bumper. Stuck them into place with some adhesive tape. Fitted some new smoked reflectors. Changed the mounting brackets. And bolted everything in place! Took less than 2 hours with a trip out to get some tape.ImageImageImage