Steering wheel issue

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Steering wheel issue

Post by Ryzar1 »

Hi guys just a quick one I just upgraded my steering wheel from a mk5 GTI to a mk6 sirocco r I've put the new control module in ending with CH according to Ross tech that should work all the buttons work and they light up however I'm having an issue with the steering assist it won't activate now any help would be great

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Steering wheel issue

Post by Doc »

Have you made sure to fit the correct type (1 or 2) steering angle sensor?
If there was one fitted to your original SWCM, you need the correct version for your new SWCM.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

Both are type 2

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Have you any fault codes or warning lights?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

Just the yellow power steering light does it need manual calibration?

Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

The control module should be correct type 2 slip ring and lin 1.3 and 2.0

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yes, you need to go through the G85 adaption process. It's all documented on the Ross-Tech page, just follow it exactly as it's set out.

Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

Ok got it all working only problem now is the horn doesn't work... Everything else works except for that

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The horn signal goes through the module in the wheel.
If the buttons on the wheel work, the module is working. Take the airbag off and check the position of the horn wires.

Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

I assume the large yellow connector wires are mainly airbag correct? Or is that both?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Large yellow connection is for both steering wheel module and airbag.