stupid question of the day.... touran vs caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
jedi-knight83
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

stupid question of the day.... touran vs caddy

Post by jedi-knight83 »

Ok so very new to the caddy scene.

is the caddy basically a touran van? ie same running gear and basic shell?

so would any touran wheels fit the caddy or are the offsets different. and will touran suspension fit the caddy?

looking around its hard to find anywhere that lists things for the caddy but more list things for the touran

just thinking out loud..

thanks in advance
Golf GTI DSG - Stage1: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | 19" BBS CH | ED30 Everything - INFO
Caddy 2.0 TDI DSG - Stage 1: 177bhp / 283lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Golf GT seats - INFO

ImageImage
jedi-knight83
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: stupid question of the day.... touran vs caddy

Post by jedi-knight83 »

also is it the same 1.9tdi engine in this for instance

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-VOLKSWAGEN-T ... 286.c0.m14

because its interesting it runs a manual 6sp and the caddy only has a 5sp

wonder if the 6sp would be a straight swap?
Golf GTI DSG - Stage1: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | 19" BBS CH | ED30 Everything - INFO
Caddy 2.0 TDI DSG - Stage 1: 177bhp / 283lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Golf GT seats - INFO

ImageImage
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

A lot of front end body parts and interior front parts are the same on both the Touran and the Caddy.
As for the suspension, I believe the Touran as rear struts compared to the leaf springs of the Caddy.
The wheels, brakes, engine, gear box etc should be fairly interchangable from what I can see searching around the net.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
CADDY.D
N.I. Area Rep.
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by CADDY.D »

Another stupid question.....

Would the centre armrest for a touran fit into the caddy?

Its nice to have something to rest the old elbows on whilst drving.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Looks like the caddy has a different centre section from the gearstick back so I'd expect you'd have to change all that to get the arm rest to fit.
I may be wrong on this coz I cant seem to find a good pic of the inside of a touran.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Just noticed a retrofit armrest kit on ebay, looks like a good piece of kit!

wonderdetail
200BHP+

Post by wonderdetail »

I'm having an amp for the sound system put in that gap, so no arm rest for me! It's a perfect sized location though.
Project Caddy
My Blog: http://iphonejailbreaknews.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slotmag
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by slotmag »

THE NEW CADDY 140 HAS A SIX SPEED BOX I BELIEVE AND I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT BOTH THE CADDY AND TOURAN USE PARTS FROM THE NEW GOLF 5 PLATFORM, IMAGINE A CADDY R32! BROOM BROOM!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I'm sure someone will try it before long, just like the Transit Connect with the Focus RS conversion.

wonderdetail
200BHP+

Post by wonderdetail »

Robbie from Valet Magic is wanting to put an R32 lump in his. He's already uprated the turbo (cos his went pop!) in his stock engine, as well as putting the R32 pipes on. And it's remapped to 170bhp (on a 1.9!)
Project Caddy
My Blog: http://iphonejailbreaknews.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slotmag
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by slotmag »

BLIMEY! HOW QUICK IS THAT? I WONDER HOW MANY PONIES YOU COULD GET OUT OF A REMAPPED 140 CADDY? DEISELPOWER ALL THE WAY ;)
vanworx
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by vanworx »

We can remap the 140 to 189 with a Revo remap.
wonderdetail
200BHP+

Post by wonderdetail »

His is the 104!
Project Caddy
magic
Caddy Fan

Post by magic »

Hi Guys Yes i have 168bhp at my right foot lol soon to be 205 :D I have had a Stage 2 Paramount Performance map added a full MK5 R32 exhaust and a K&N panel filter fitted.

Robbie
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Hey Magic,
I like to sound of 205BHP but the wheel spin is bound to be mental. :lol:
Hows it goin for you? any problems?
You still gonna fit the RS4 exhaust so I can take your R32 set-up? ;)