wanting a caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
madalex
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

wanting a caddy

Post by madalex »

hi i dont have a caddy yet but hope to own one soon. im after a caddy maxi. does anyone on here have one. what engine should i be lookin at, or are they all pretty good.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: wanting a caddy

Post by Doc »

Hi and welcome buddy,
I have no experience with the Maxi myself but I would reckon with the back of it filled up it'd be a bit sluggish with only the 1.9TDi engine.
I know even the standard Caddy suffers greatly (performance wise) when carrying a load.
Maybe if you intend to haul around quite a bit of gear in the back you'd be safer with the 2.0TDi or even the 1.9 with a remap.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
madalex
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: wanting a caddy

Post by madalex »

cheers doc. would prob have it chipped whatever engine i got. i have a nissan navara pickup 174 bhp at min but doesnt have enough load space and costs alot to run. into my vws so not bovered about being slower. like the idea of the dsg, but not many second hand ones about.