Caddy R360 build thread

Show off your caddy
jamieprang
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Caddy R360 build thread

Post by jamieprang »

Good god that's impressive.... I'm almost scared to do anything to my van now in case I'm seen to be copying you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You've literally hit the nail on the head with that creation. Everything I could ever want to do, but haven't got the time/resources for is there.

(nb... I will be shamelessly and loosely copying that rear bumper though as I've wanted an R32 style back end on mine since I got it... ;) )
"A mk2 is like that really hot chick, who was really really cool, and no matter how badly you were treated, you kept going back"
Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Winst »

Amazing caddy this Dan, a credit to you, the attention to detail is unbelievable, you could easily spend a day looking at it finding different touches you’ve done, really enjoyed looking round this beast of a caddy, and those seats............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Was good to finally put a face to the name and have a chat. Sure we'll see your Caddy turn into a beast if Henry has anything to do with it! Hopefully it gets built quicker than mine and you can get to a few shows this year.

Another milestone - over 110k views on this thread :shock:
Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Winst »

Same here Dan, always good talking to caddy people, I’m hoping mine will be back in 1 piece sooner than 4 years mate, bet it’s a great feeling having yours back at home.
Hopefully meet up again at a show or meet soon, so can have another good look round the beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

The bits that you had "done" in carbon - I expect that this is real carbon if so was it done as a one-off or are the company that you used able to do more ? A rough costing ? It's been a while but looks like Christmas has finally turned up I hope that you enjoy it - top work !
Last edited by the long one on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Wish it was back at home but it’s still having stuff done! Few minor details that didn’t get finished for the show so can’t imagine it will be away for much longer.

The real carbon is laminated so the pieces are sent to C6 Carbon or Silvercrest and they apply carbon to the original parts. Hard to cost any of those bits to be honest as it’s normally one invoice for lots of parts.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Couple of photos other people took at the show - I've left any watermarks in so you can see who took them or referenced the company.

These really start to show the colour off. Its not Raven Blue Metallic anymore! Audi Ara Blue Crystal and its gorgeous in the sunshine as it has a lot more metallics in it.

Volkswagen Driver Magazine

Henry at Riiva took this after doing a 60 mile test drive checking for squeaks and rattles in the new install and its dusty and unpolished.

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Cool shot by Speedhunters

Loud
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Loud »

So trick!! Looks great.

What did you do to delete the sliding door? I looked in to it a month ago and was told by Volkswagen Australia that it involved the replacement of all the inners as well as the outer skin. Seems excessive!
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Reflex did the door delete. Basically they peeled off the original skin and welded on a replacement skin you can buy from VW. The internal structure where the door was can then be added in using whatever you have to hand - Matt used some angle iron I believe - as bracing. Doesn't need much, just enough to stop the panel flexing too much. I think its just one bar that goes horizontally across the middle where the door opening is.

Here's the scariest photos you'll ever see of your pride and joy!

Last edited by dan@biali on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
geo.stronach
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by geo.stronach »

Hi Dan thought you might like a look at this build has a few nice ideas init that you have probably already thought of

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65663

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

phil
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by phil »

that looks like stephen suprano's motor from instagram. does some pretty impressive retrofits. My mk6 is a carbon copy retrofit wise, well once the good weather comes and i can get my new windscreen in :). definately some good ideas there, if you need any help / info with them dan i am happy to help
L22JCJ
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by L22JCJ »

Wow,,, just wow.. epic build :D
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

A mate took this just as we unloaded it from the trailer and he tweaked it

the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

That blue is a lovely colour but always liked blue
Had a Honda in electric blue also have a cooper s in electric blue unfortunately the caddy is in boring white
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors