My caddy build and face lift

Show off your caddy
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: My caddy build and face lift

Post by KenTDI140 »

Al my bits have arrived today for the xenon head light conversion so now I can get on with rebuilding the headlights with proper xenon projectors led Angel eyes etc.
I bought a pair of cheap universal fog lights so I can remove the stop tail bulb that be use as the side/drl light and fit an h11 bulb instead as a main beam or flash bulb.
This is because it's not good for xenon bulbs to be used as a flash light. And as the projectors I have are with shutter for the high beam when I flash only the shutter will operate so an extra 55 watt bulb is needed.
I wil use the Angel eyes as drl/side light which has a connection to the dip beam so that when the head lights are turned on the Angel eye is dimmed by 50%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Just got my new mk6 GTI and gtd gear knobs red one for the golf and the silver one for the van Image

KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

There we go. All modified and fitted in under an he Image

KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Finished the first headlight tonight complete with full xenon with 3 inch projector d2s bulbs and Angel eye led ring Image

kona75
200BHP+

Post by kona75 »

Did you by a kit to fit xenon light?
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

My caddy build and face lift

Post by KenTDI140 »

Sort of. The rout I went is the most difficult as I wanted proper xenons with the d2s bulbs as if it were an oe xenon I bought the projectors with xb35 bulbs and led Angel eyes then bought Arron 35watt slim ballasts from retrofit lab in the Netherlands
You have to get the front off the headlight and make serious alterations to the insides. It's taken me several long evenings to get this one finished but now at least it will be plug and play when I plug them into the car loom

the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

This is one that I need to see
Being local to me
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

What do u need to see mr long one. Lol
I'm afraid it's going to be a while before it's ready for the face lift to go on as the body shop I use for spraying is booked three weeks solid in advance poss four weeks. So the wheels are going to be done first as I need tyres soon any way.

the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

To see another caddy owner with their ideas who is local - been to Doc's a while back but such a long way and not enough time
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Lol yea time is a big enemy of mine too

KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Lol yea time is a big enemy of mine too

KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Wheels were sprayed yesterday :) so I will be able to get the tyres fitted and get them on the van early next week. ImageImage

torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

Think interlagos always look good on a caddy
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Well today I decided to swap my drivers door complete for a newer 2012 one which I got hold of that is in better condition than my one.
I also decided to change the door wiring harness plugs where the pass through the door pillar in preparation for the heated screen in August as the later caddys have the fm arial in the drivers mirror.
This two hour job ended up taking all day and was a total nightmare of a job my idea on using the 2012 plugs was a disaster and I ended up ordering a couple of fakra arial repair terminals from eBay and drilling through the original plugs with a 7 MM drill bit so that the arial lead will pass through. I then shortened the screen arial lead and made up a lead to tie into the door loom and connect to the new arial in the mirror.
I also fitted the dark grey inner door trim and the door open foot light. I didn't get any photos as it was a stressful day and late by the time I got it all working again.
Still got an odd coding issue with the new door light as when I code it for the lights to work the lights work but my elec Windows work from the opposite switches an down becomes up and vice versa :mad:
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Got the tyres fitted today and bolted the new wheels on ImageImage