New toys arrived..

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
deebowilliamson
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

New toys arrived..

Post by deebowilliamson »

Some new bits n pieces arrived today, now i just need to figure out how to install them.. any pointers would be helpfull guys..

This caddy modifying is gonna be costly...Image Image

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
somacose
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: New toys arrived..

Post by somacose »

I like :D , what are the headlights and is that a VW DAB headunit? - expensive?, There's an RCD 310 in the van i'm collecting next week but i can't live without 6music so the first upgrade i'll be doing is fitting my sonichi s100 dab adapter unit out of my dead ford connect or if santa is good to me i'll buying a decent aftermarket head unit, saying that I'd be happy enough to stick with a VW dab upgrade if they are not too expensive.
2013 Caddy Highline superchipped but still no match for my Mk2 Golf GTI
deebowilliamson
Caddy2k Groupie

My van was initially going to be for work so thought i world try modifying as cheaply as possible..
Got both items off e-bay.. head unit was £145 delivered and can pretty much do everything but wash the dishes lol looks pretty decent. The headlights were £190 all in including the bulbs. The only thing im unsure of is the additional fog light within the unit, i presume i will need a new light switch and wiring harness to accommodate them, not seen or heard much about them but figured they were worth a punt for the money.. time will tell..

somacose
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by somacose »

That's a good price for the head unit, I'll have to search eBay before I get trigger happy with the buy button on an expensive aftermarket dab unit that I'm looking at
2013 Caddy Highline superchipped but still no match for my Mk2 Golf GTI
meendog
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by meendog »

I've actually bought and fitted the same lights recently. The fog light lens in the new light is actually set up as the side light now, where in the standard light it is in the same reflector as the main beam bulbs. So essentially now after you fit the new headlights, this new 4th lens is your side light. I like it.
deebowilliamson
Caddy2k Groupie

Nice one meendog.. thats just made my mind up they are getting fitted tomorrow.. did you change them over yourself? If so how long did it take you?

horace01
Hyper Poster

Post by horace01 »

I have the same headlights too. Plug and play. You do need to take off the bumper to fit them.

Mine have been on for about a year. Unfortunately one is starting to delaminate on the outside. The outer lense is literally starting to peel away in layers. I'm going to sand, polish and seal them. Hopefully that will fix them.

I hope yours fair better than mine.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Last edited by horace01 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
deebowilliamson
Caddy2k Groupie

Interesting to hear about the deterioration of the exterior.. I might try and use some kind of protective film (fly eye) before putting them on, maybe give them a longer lifespan??

Baldy82
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Baldy82 »

Nice! Both these on my wish list.
meendog
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by meendog »

Aye they were dead handy to fit. Bumper off job. I had a bit of a quality issue with mine too though. The spring clip holding the main beam bulb in detached itself from its fixing and the bulb dropped back out of the reflector. Unfortunately for me the lights were on at the time and the bulb burned its way through the plastic light housing and filled the light with smoke staining the lens on the inside slightly. :mad:

Just check the screws holding the spring clips on are secure before installation and if they do need tightening then don't work on the light with the lens facing down as some dirt and dust can fall in between the lens and reflectors which is then damn near impossible to get out. I've learned all of this the hard way. Learn from my mistakes. :oops:
deebowilliamson
Caddy2k Groupie

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated ..

You now know my next question..... how do you remove the bumper... aaahhhhhh

meendog
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by meendog »

http://forum.caddy2k.com/viewtopic.php?t=19945" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This helped me. Basically some screws in wheel arches, underneath the bumper and under bonnet.
deebowilliamson
Caddy2k Groupie

Superb meendog... im starting to love this forum..