Be aware Barty71 (Pro cad) Simon Barton

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Be aware Barty71 (Pro cad) Simon Barton

Post by Caddyluv »

No mate sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

No shortyboy sorry

hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Simon (procad) has carried out all the work on both my vans and indeed my cars over a number of years whilst he worked at a local bodyshop as an employee. I have recommended his work without question and stand by that. He has taken one of my vans to tatton park show this year in my absence as a member of the caddy 2k forum meeting some long standing members and indeed Doc as its founder. I have helped this man by providing both my vans for him as a customer to modify when he set up on his own and I have been and continue to be proud of the quality of work produced. I have trusted this man and his integrity based on many years of service towards me and my family. However as it appears to my detriment.

For reasons unbeknown to me he has drifted off the radar owing me a substantial amount of money that he has promised faithfully to pay on several occasions that has not materialised. I had no idea that he was still taking orders using my vans in the process. When I saw Shortyboy’s comment today, it raised alarm bells that I was clearly not alone as a victim. This has been addressed today and action taken.

Doc; for clarification as I explained to you a couple of weeks ago stardesign on instagram is my neighbour and is NOT associated with procad in any way shape or form. I had no idea that Simon (procad) had taken orders on the back of using my vans and i was shocked and horrified to hear that this man had taken money from Shortyboy, as he has taken from me!

I am a man of my word, and all who know me will vouch for my integrity and complete honesty and sincerity. I have, and continue to be a proud, supportive and dedicated member of this fine forum and members who have met me will I’m sure stand and confirm this.

I have been deeply hurt beyond words by what this dishonest man has done to me and the legacy he has left on my good character.

As previously mentioned action has been taken this evening to address his wrong doing towards me and I will of course help anyone who may have been mistreated as I have in this instance.

hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

I believe that he is no longer a member of this forum.

Doc: I will take advice as to any suggestion you may have to redress any previous recommendations made by me in good faith, regarding this man and his work. Thank you

Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

Hef, I feel for you (and shortyboy) mate, as it appears you've been taken in by a bit of a crook. I hope everyone concerned gets their money back.

I had somebody on Instagram last week ask me for a recommendation for a company to do the Touran mirror conversion for him. I told him honestly that my mirrors from Hunter Automotive were "average at best" and that he'd told me lies upon lies upon lies about why my mirrors were taking 3 months rather than the quoted 2 weeks. He then asked if I knew anybody else who does the mirrors so I gave him Procad's email. Fortunately I did tell him I couldn't recommend him as I'd had no experience with his work. As soon as I saw this thread I messaged the guy and told him not to contact Procad....hopefully he hasn't parted with any money.

I too assumed that this Star design company on Instagram was the same as Procad as they are advertising exactly the same modifications and services to caddy owners as Procad. Seems a bit iffy for them to be using photos of your vans and all the modifications considering they didn't do the work on them?
Instagram: @y_5cuf
IC44
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by IC44 »

I was close to sending money only for wayne2k messaging me on Instagram, talked to star design on instagram and clams he did the work to the vans in the picture all too suspicious
Shortyboy521
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Shortyboy521 »

Yes I smell a great fat dirty rat 🐀
Shortyboy521
Caddy Fan

Post by Shortyboy521 »

You've met Simon and Hef in person then Doc?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I've met Simon at Tatton park show, didn't chat much to him alone but took him at face value and didn't expect this.

Regards the guy on Instagram, Hef you told me this Stardesigns was an electrician friend, yet he is now advertising for bodywork modifications and trying to pass off someone else's (Simon's) work as his own. This has set alarm bells ringing in my head and seeing this topic only reinforced my opinion.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

FWIW, the Stardesigns Instagram account has had a few posts deleted since this morning so whoever is running the page is obviously watching or being tipped off to this topic.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

So I assume there is no way of reporting all this???

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If it's anything like the last guy who ripped people off, the first step is to report the fraud to your local police force and get a report reference number. Then, get all the references you can related to the person and have those reference numbers added to your local report.
This will help the CPS get all the info together and help them weigh up the severity of the offence and the level of reaction it warrants.

It's something I've seen time and time again, where people request payment up front and then drag out the time frame originally promised.
Because the contract of quite formal, these people think they are not subject to trading standards but so long as they are a business then verbal contract is binding.

Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Be aware Barty71 (Pro cad) Simon Barton

Post by Caddyluv »

It just amazes me every day what people do to scam a buck. Work just as hard in a honest job and your earn money. I don’t get it I really don’t. Hope everyone can sort what the fudge is going on.

Shortyboy521
Caddy Fan

Post by Shortyboy521 »

Are you on Facebook? If so can you search for Simon Barton from Gwalchmai and confirm his profile pic as being the guy that you met at the show? I can't see him paying me back by tomorrow as he has promised so will be reporting it to police Monday and file a small claims case against him so I'd like as much information about him as possible. He has family on Facebook all of which don't accept friend requests nor can you post on there pages! If that is simon with his Mrs on Facebook I've searched her name and have found there address! This day and age it's not so easy to pull scams and get away with it but obviously there's some thick c@#ts that think they can! The pieces of this puzzle are coming together now! I don't think it's just Simon behind all this!
pegger
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by pegger »

I can’t believe this.I spoke to him quite a lot at Tatton Park and he come across as a genuine person.So sorry for all of you who have lost money and hope it gets sorted.Hef you must be gutted as he was your friend and you trusted him with your van etc.Just goes to show some people will rip anybody off.