Toffee delights

Show off your caddy
Call-Me-Az
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Toffee delights

Post by Call-Me-Az »

A small appearance in VW performance is still a appearance so credit where it’s due, you’ve built a top quality motor, inspiration to myself anyway, just going back a few posts but I would have to agree with Oz wheels, they look 👍
Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Average_phil »

Just spent 3 evenings working my way through this build thread. Absolutely amazing build. Thank you for sharing!
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to read/reply to the build thread.
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

After changing the wheels back to 19’s I noticed that the arches weren’t meeting the tyre. After investigating at the weekend I found that the bags were in fact bottoming out (which isn’t ideal if leaving for long periods). I’ve always just presumed that my rear was as low as it would go, and that the tyres were sat on the arch liners.
To resolve the issue I ordered some longer U-bolts and used 2 plates from a shackle kit that I had sat in the garage (the upper and middle plates).
The result is the rear is now 15mm lower than it was. I’m interested to see how it will look with the 20’s on now as they should sit up in the arch being narrower and a better offset.
Please excuse the poor photos (it was getting dark when I finished) and hideous rusty axle/suspension, it all needs re-powder coated (the joys of using it daily).
I’ll run it like this for a while and see how the ride is, as I had to increase the bag pressure slightly for my usual ride height. Once I’m happy I’ll design some specific adapters and get them machined.

Bottomed out

I’m work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

It’s all happening this week, lower suspension and posh covered parking for work today. Living the dream Image.

Build thread:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Was that space made for a SWB caddy? Looks like it's spot on size for your caddy.
You've got some influence you have!
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Handyandy »

Why is it people with caddys park away from other vehicles and in a corner or end I find myself parking at the far end of a supermarket carpark where its quiet and then complain if someone parks next to me when there's loads of free spaces elsewhere in the carpark 🤣
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Ha ha you’d think it was, absolutely perfect size and position.
Nothing worse than parking anxiety though, I really wind the wife up with it when in new areas.

Build thread:
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

Had one of my compressors fail to start today, found to be the fuse that had blown. Changed out and it’s operating fine again. Fingers crossed it’s not on its way out.

Build thread:
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

Well that’s 5 years of ownership today. Image

I’ve achieved so much more than I ever intended or expected in that time with this van.
14 awards and 5 magazine features, for something that was built with my own hands is just crazy, and all whilst continuing to use it as a daily run dog van.
Really grateful for all the interest and comments I’ve received about the van, especially the support from this forum.

I always think it’s hard for modern commercial vehicles to do well/standout against “normal cars” such as all the classic golfs etc out there, even though vans generally need so many more upgrades just to get them level with the stock factory cars.

Things may change, but I currently have no further plans to do anymore shows, as I’m really enjoying my other hobbies at the minute, so for now I’ll just continue using it for what I originally built for.

Build thread:
J_Con
Hyper Poster

Post by J_Con »

Fair play mate you’ve definitely set the standard and the awards show that. Also your willingness to help should be commended which can be unusual when someone’s car/van gets to a certain level like yours clearly is..look forward to seeing what you do next eventually!

gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Wow, congratulations mate, all the award's are well deserved.
Iv just past 4 years of ownership and all iv won are a few parking tickets

You should be really proud of what you have achieved.

Think I speak for many on here when I say that your build thread has been a great read and very inspirational for our own builds

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Brutus1989
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Brutus1989 »

This van is stunning!! The colour is very nice!
Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Sloopjonbee »

It's taken me 3 days to read all of this build, cracking build mate, you deserve a rest!
Last edited by Lister79 on Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed
Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

Thanks for the comments all, and for taking the time to read my build thread, it’s very much appreciated.
Rest?? What’s that?

Build thread: