Consumer advice

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Consumer advice

Post by sheepy92 »

Just some useful advice for people planning to purchase the roof cross bars for caddy roof rails i have paid £90 pound from the main dealers for what i believed to be of genuine quality product however what i have been sold is a set from turkey to the exact same brand product as my friends who paid £50 for from other websites so i have been stung for a product i could purchase for cheaper thanks Vw talk about take people for a ride Image Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by sheepy92 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Consumer advice

Post by RKDesigns »

There is a VW factory as well in turkey for the caddy and they are superb in copying products as well and dealers want to earn extra money, nothing new to be honest.

Dealers even dare to sell replica wheels... or other brands and then the salesguys from VW dealers ask for VW centercaps for the wheels.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Last edited by RKDesigns on Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster

Re: Consumer advice

Post by sheepy92 »

RKDesigns wrote:There is a VW factory as well in turkey for the caddy and they are superb in copying products as well and dealers want to earn extra money, nothing new to be honest.

The cross bars are just cross bars but when you open the box and its missing gaskets for clamps its not something you expect when you pay £90 for an item which you can purchase the same from vanstyle for £40 cheaper but once bit twice shy i spose just a word of warning for future purchases

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Consumer advice

Post by RKDesigns »

Those products come from OMTEC -> Bursa in Turkey which are trading a lot aftermarket items and the quality is honestly quite poor in fact of oem VW items which are more expensive.

So can understand your feeling if the dealer charges almost double for it.

sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster

Post by sheepy92 »

I have a set of genuine vw roof rack bars which i purchased which are genuine came in a fully labelled vw box with a propper manual and volkswagen stamped on the bars and you can clearly see from the quality of the alluminium profile section the difference its very misleading of the main dealers to charge premium price for run of the mill european products

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

You do not wanna know how many cars get replica wheels via aftersales (new smaller set stays there, to get sold with winter tires mostly) and for sure the occasions are many times sold on cheap Chinese junk. Most people do not even recognize it. It’s a shame to earn extra money like that.