Touran wiper conversion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
rodmax
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Touran wiper conversion

Post by rodmax »

I'm busy pulling off bits from a 2006 touran that i'm breaking and fitting onto my 07 caddy :D
I was wondering ,are the wipers a fairly straight forward conversion :?:
Thanks Rod
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Touran wiper conversion

Post by Doc »

If the Touran has the opposed wipers then it's not very difficult but there is some wiring involved and you'll be best fitting the windscreen edge trims too.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
rodmax
100BHP+

Post by rodmax »

As always I know i'll get sense from you .
Thanks Doc
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Touran wiper conversion

Post by dan@biali »

I thought there was a bracket that the Touran has that’s not on the caddy where something mounts (pivot point or motor) and as it’s on the bulkhead under the scuttle it would be almost impossible to weld one on. IDS was looking into this a while back and think came to the conclusion it couldn’t be done.

*Update

This is what IDS has told me

Missing brackets on the fire wall is one. Cable loom is two. In theory it should work. The nearside motor becomes ‘master’ and offside ‘slave’ so the wiring loom has to be remade to suit. We were shocked when we opened up a wiper motor, how many processors
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It can be done, I've seen it done.
-2009 the bracket is on the caddy.
The wiring is simple.
I think from memory both I.D.S. and the guy who built the caddy in the USA gave up on it because they have newer Caddys and they weren't prepared to try the wiring out.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
rodmax
100BHP+

Post by rodmax »

Well
I've removed both the motors, brkts ,arms, scuttle trim ,window trims and some wiring . :shock:
When i get a min ,I'll have a look at it.
I'll let you know how I get on .
Rod
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

Hi,

Are there salvageable opposed wipers that fit for the Mk4 Caddy ?

Not sure I can handle the effort required, but that crossover left wiper is just a bit annoying !
:roll:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

For Caddy4, or any caddy from 20010+, you'll need to fit the passenger side bracket to mount the wiper mechanism.
It was only the early Tourans which had the opposed wipers so one of those to salvage from.
Give the motors and gearing a good service while you have them out as they do give trouble with seizing up and corrosion.

petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

Thanks Doc.

Have to ask PapaB to look out on his scrapyard challenges
;)
Lee91
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lee91 »

Any joy on this?

I've got a 07 caddy has brackets there just needs wiring. Dash is out was wiring difficult?

Any feedback greatful
Lee91
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lee91 »

Sorted. It does work on my 07. I removed the wiring for the motors from touran an re pinned into engine fuse box. Signal wiring has to be swapped as there's a slave and master but in caddy there opposite. I didn't rewire the caddy signal wire I just cut and soldered in. Happy with it though as previous owner had ruined both arms trying to remove them. Didn't really want to buy a motor and arms. Glad this were able to fit and they look better in my opinion.

Caddy scuttle panel is already cut out for lhd and rhd so there is holes that fit the new motorss in caddy panel too so that's a result
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

rodmax wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:15 pm Well
I've removed both the motors, brkts ,arms, scuttle trim ,window trims and some wiring . :shock:
When i get a min ,I'll have a look at it.
I'll let you know how I get on .
Rod
Hi,

Going to have a go at this ... Hopefully 🙏

Did you manage it in the end @rodmax ?

If someone can let me know what needs changing in the wiring (signals etc. ??) that would be great.

Sounds like I somehow have to find an extra bracket for the passenger side too !

Bit more of a challenge than I first thought but, hey 😵‍💫

Pete
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

Wow !

Ordered the motors and linkage stuff from 2 different scrap yards yesterday and they have both arrived already.
2 different DHL drivers within about 30 minutes of each other !

Blooming hope I can get it done now I have started ...
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

And ...

Now I find another interesting thread in this subject
viewtopic.php?t=30323

From my reading and looking at the Mk4 erWin pdf

Need to make the left side motor the master (makes sense as LHD design is the original and no need to change for a symmetrical wiper system). LIN connection to Rain/Light sensor .
BCM J519 to J400 Wiper Motor Control

Need to link a signal across to the right side motor as slave.
J400 to J584 (need to check erWin for all details)

Power & Earth to both.

Is there any coding needed ? Maybe not 🙏 🤞

Bracket is going to be a problem no doubt 🤔

Ah well, onwards and downwards !😵‍💫