Maxi sliding window problem

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Threelegs
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Maxi sliding window problem

Post by Threelegs »

One of my sliding windows isn't.
I managed to get it open and to slide and locate in the open stops but it doesn't want to close properly (light is visible on the lower edge from the inside /window isn't quite flush outside). I can coax it shut eventually but it's time consuming and fiddly. It then takes the same amount of faff to get it open again. Any ideas on what I can do to remedy this?
Caddy is a 2012 Maxi Life. Thanks.
Vlad
Caddy Fan

Re: Maxi sliding window problem

Post by Vlad »

Seal the f*****s with windscreen adhesive! (after cleaning the glass and seals) They are a PITA. Mine were always leaking. It's a crap design.
Ellis667
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ellis667 »

My passenger was also leaking. Cleaned the seals ect and all good for now!
Kelman70
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Kelman70 »

when i bought mine (ex taxi) the linkages were glued shut, bought a replacement set of handles and linkages from ebay and fitted them, you can prize the window out of the runners and clean everything then refit with new handles etc, mine are fine now, but were mega stiff and sticky when i first got them open

martin
Threelegs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Threelegs »

Yeah, I also went down the ebay repair kit as only a tenner. Fixed the problem, which I think was tired rods/springs!
Thanks!
hopelesscase
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by hopelesscase »

Hi,
I've just bought 2012 maxilife and it came with 2 broken butterfly catches. The seller told me to 'leave them closed' as fixing them was more bother than it was worth. That's like a red rag to a bull for me. Are these sliding window mechanisms the same as the T5? There seems to be more 'how to' guides for the T5 than the caddy and I wondered if same techniques for cleaning and repairing the catches could be used with the Caddy? I've just ordered an Ebay repair kit in case I dare have a go...
SnoWhite
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by SnoWhite »

The opening version of the 2012 caddy maxi rear door window has a very similar mechanism to the T5 rear door. I have owned both and sure enough they were both prone to leaks after failing to close fully. The tracks which guide the window glass tend to gum up and eventually it will not slide into the fully closed position. If caught early enough regular lubrication with silicon spray of the mechanism can help, but sadly only postpones the inevitable.
hopelesscase
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by hopelesscase »

Hi SnoWhite,
Thanks for your response - sounds like something I ought to get to try and get to grips with. Have you used the repair kit yourself and/or taken them apart to clean and lube? Do you have to take them apart to use the silicone spray in the first place or just squirt along the sliding edge?
cheers
SnoWhite
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by SnoWhite »

Try the easy option first - spray along the sliding tracks. If that does not work repeat a few more times to get it sliding freely again.