Key fob

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Corkie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Key fob

Post by Corkie »

Hi I've just purchased a 2017 c20 startline caddy and the key fob won't work ,I believe the seller changed the battery in it and didn't reprogram it, I cannot be sure on this as he wasn't very helpfull when I pressed him on the matter, the key starts it and I can lock it manually,is there a way to reprogram it please or do I need to take it to a dealer,thanks
Birds cars beer!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Key fob

Post by Doc »

Welcome to the forum.
The keyfob should not need reprogramming after a battery change, there may be something else wrong.
Can you see a part number on the fob? This should be under the key blade when it's in it's stored position, typically a 20017 caddy will have part number 5K0-837-202AD.
Does the light on the fob flash when the buttons are pressed? If so, the next logical step would be to attempt a pairing with the vehicle BCM (Body Control Module) with some diagnostics equipment such as VCDS.

An auto locksmith should have tools to tell if the fob is transmitting and may be able to pair to the BCM. Failing that, they could make you a new and working replacement fob.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Corkie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corkie »

Hi thanks for the welcome,there is no number on the fob or key blade so I'm guessing not original?lights flash yes,where is best to get a new fob from and rough cost please ?thanks
Birds cars beer!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Aftermarket fobs will vary in price depending on your location and the quality of the item offered, I've seen them from £90 to £160 from auto locksmith.
Expect around £180-240 from VW.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Corkie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corkie »

Ok thanks
Birds cars beer!
Corkie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corkie »

Vw want £280
Birds cars beer!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Ouch, that's quite a sting.
I looked it up, the list price is currently £207 so adding in an hour of workshop time I guess £280 is correct with no discount.

Where are you based, maybe someone on the forum can do you an aftermarket key?

Corkie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corkie »

Hp13ld
Birds cars beer!
Corkie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corkie »

All sorted £40 to get mine reprogrammed by the key lab Milton Keynes.
Birds cars beer!