Caddy Maxi Life 2019 wiper blades

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
3wheeler7
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Caddy Maxi Life 2019 wiper blades

Post by 3wheeler7 »

Hi, are there any after market blades for the 2019 Caddy?
The reason I'm asking is that my passenger side one has split so I bought a pair of Bosch Twinblade ones from Davmac (NAPA) which are listed to fit - but don't because none of the four included adaptors will fit into the wiper arms. They also gave me a 17" passenger one but the original is a 19".
Returned them to Davmac and the guy came out and tried and agreed they don't fit so he refunded me and suggested I would have to go to VW.
My local VW dealership is cars only, so I'd have to go to a commercial dealer (30 miles).
Tried Eurocarparts, chap was very helpful and tried the Bosch ones again - no joy. They listed the passenger side blade as being a 18".
Went to Halfords, tried the Valeo clips - no joy. They also listed the passenger side blade as being a 18".
Have VW changed the mounting on the end of the arms? I don't remember having this faff about when I replaced the blades on my 2013 Caddy.
Also I'd like to know the correct lengths as my original ones are 24" driver and 19" passenger - is this correct?
Any help appreciated.
wildybeast
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Caddy Maxi Life 2019 wiper blades

Post by wildybeast »

Had the same problem.A while ago now but if i remember i used the origional clips on the new blades.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Amazon are normally very good on price for genuine Bosch Areotwin.
You'll need A188s if I'm not mistaken, check the photos of the fitting type to be sure.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
NornIron
200BHP+

Post by NornIron »

Had this issue last week; Bosch A188S are listed as the correct blade, but while the fittings loom the same they are a couple of m too narrow. I popped into my local motor factors and got a pair of Valero Silencio… brilliant!
Ich habe kein Geld!
3wheeler7
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by 3wheeler7 »

Thanks for the replies guys, searched online for Bosch Aerotwin Caddy 2019, found the DriveDen site, and they looked the same as the ones I'd already tried at Davmac and Eurocarparts. Entered my reg number into the site and it says they do not fit my vehicle, and they do not offer any wipers that do!

Bit the bullet and went to VW Commercials, bought the genuine listed parts for my reg and fitted them there and then, interestingly they were totally different wipers and clips to the ones that were fitted.

There must be some variantions of wiper arms which have different ends.
£43 plus a lot of running around!