Retrofit aircon.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Matt1992
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Retrofit aircon.

Post by Matt1992 »

Hi I was just wondering weather anyone knows if it’s possible to use all the aircon parts out of a 2012 touran in my 2013 caddy and if so does anyone have a wiring diagram to show where to take feeds ect from cheers.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Retrofit aircon.

Post by Doc »

It is possible but there's no one size fits all in terms of wiring.
You'd need to find the diagrams for the donor vehicle and the corresponding diagrams for your vehicle with the same type of control and create a hybrid of both.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Matt1992
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Matt1992 »

To but in terms of all the pipe work and the heater box ect that should all fit into the caddy obviously I know I’ll have to cut the bulk head to make a whole for the pipes to pass through.
Sausage
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sausage »

I looked in to this and it’s quite a big job.
It’s probably easier to sell the caddy and buy one with aircon, or just wind the window down 😂.
PJD
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by PJD »

From previous research it seems to be that retro fit aircon is about 2k if you don't do it yourself and a total minefield anyway.
The premium on Caddy's with aircon is about 1 - 1.5k
So selling yours and getting one with it would be my choice, that is unless you have already done a ton of mods on yours.

But as proven on this site by some truly talented individuals, anything is possible with the Caddy.
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

There’s a really good how to on here that walks you through it.

I’ve done mine from a mix of salvaged and new parts relatively cheap. The donor parts came from a Touran and a face lifted, scrapped BG van and a new condenser/drier from ECP.

Only cutting was to enlarge the existing hole in the bulkhead to accommodate the combined heater and evaporator fitting.

It’s an afternoons work to remove the dashboard (I swapped the dash to one from a Touran at the same time) , fit the parts and refit the dashboard once you have all the parts and downloaded the various wiring diagrams. Wiring was completed the next day along with gassing it up.

From memory I was about £350 all in including new O-rings and gas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here