Wireless reverse camera options?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cragdoo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Wireless reverse camera options?

Post by Cragdoo »

2015 Caddy Maxi , came with a Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB head unit already install, the van has also been insulated and lined with carpet. So I was looking for a reversing camera but wanted to avoid running cable back to front. I opted to try a wireless transmitter/receiver from Amazon 2.4GHz Wireless Video Car Rear View Camera RCA Video Transmitter Receiver Kit

Easy part was fitting the receiver behind the head unit, easy to find 12v connection, no problem. When it came to the transmitter at the rear, I used the 12v feed from the washer motor, but turns out I may need a relay (?) to clean up the power signal 12V Power Filter 12V DC Car Filter Rectifier Reverse Camera Power Relay Capacitor Filter, as the power LED on the transmitter wont come on.

Either camera (cheap number plate version from Ebay) is faulty, the wireless transmitter is....or both. I have verified the camera doesn't appear to work as I bypassed the wireless option with a 3M RCA cable. Relay is on order, just in case it that causing the issue. Anyway ....long winded way of getting to my question

Has anyone looked at a wireless option for the reverse camera, I really REALLY dont want to run a cable the length of the van, if at all possible.

Open to suggestions.
Caddy Camper owner, live in the Kingdom ...Fife, that is ..Scotland in case you didn't know
Cragdoo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Wireless reverse camera options?

Post by Cragdoo »

Ok managed to get the transmittre/receiver working.....some dodgy wiring on my part. So now the camera is wired to a constant 12v feed and when I switch the ignition on the feed from the camera is displayed on the head unit, but as soon as the DAB radio kicks in the camera image cuts off. I've checked the power feed when the radio kicks in and it is still 12V ....anyone had similar issue in the past??
Caddy Camper owner, live in the Kingdom ...Fife, that is ..Scotland in case you didn't know