New caddy owner looking for tech advice (cam belt / pump / oil pump etc)

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Unknown User
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

New caddy owner looking for tech advice (cam belt / pump / oil pump etc)

Post by Unknown User »

Hi all.
I have a recently bought 2018 2.0 TDi (102ps) Startline with 85,000 miles on.
It's ex lease but I have no documentation with it so it's history is basically unknown.
I come from the schooling of every 5 years change the water pump and cam belt regardless of mileage, although this one looks like it's not been touched - well the water pump hasn't at least.
I have also had the oil pump shaft mentioned as well. Is that a known problem on these?
Are all the above ticking time bombs waiting to bite me?
So I am looking for a general consensus of opinion on getting all the above changed out as I want this van tip top and ready to drive anywhere at a moments notice.
I apologise if this is posted in the wrong section. I would have posted this in the relevant tech section but my access hasn't been approved yet.
Cheers.
Unknown
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: New caddy owner looking for tech advice (cam belt / pump / oil pump etc)

Post by Doc »

I'd suggest if it's at all over the recommended replacement intervals you should get the belt and water pump changed ASAP.
As for the oil pump, where have you had that information as it's definitely the first I've heard of such?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Unknown User
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Unknown User »

Cheers for the reply
I can't find any solid information of the cam belt and water pump replacement intervals are in all honesty.
There's very conflicting information on the internet and the person I spoke to at the local dealership was as ambiguous and would not commit to specifics.
The oil pump shaft suggestion came from the independant mechanic that's looked after my competition Land Rover for many years.
Hence why I am asking here as there looks like a wealth of knowledge and experience in the user base that can hopefully give me at least a benchmark.
Cheers.
Unknown
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

From memory the interval suggested at build for your engine was 80,000 or 5 years, that may have changed as VW reacts to condition and failures.

As for the oil pump shaft, I suspect your mechanic is thinking of the earlier CR engines from 2009-2010. It's definitely not an issue I'm aware of on the newer engines.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Unknown User
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Unknown User »

Awsome.
Best I get it in and done then.
Cheers for all your advice.
Unknown