Nath‘s Reflex Silver 1.6TDI Match

Show off your caddy
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Nath‘s Reflex Silver 1.6TDI Match

Post by Nath&Alex »

Thought I’d do a build thread for my new van now I‘ve found somewhere to host my pictures!!

I picked up my van last month, the previous owner used it as a daily drive and advertisement for his detailing business.

It’s a 2012 1.6TDi Match in Reflex Silver with only 65300 miles on the clock, full service history and two previous owners though it was preregistered so I‘m the 4th owner on the log book.

Only mods it had when I picked it up was seriously lowered with Stance+ coilovers and John Brown 18“ steels

My current plans are touran rear seats, Front and rear carpets, touran dash and door cards, stereo upgrade, retrofit OEM parking sensors, side rail cover, mk4 lights, mk4 rear bumper, hybrid front bumper and front and rear brake upgrade. In the future I would love to do a TSI conversion with DSG as I loved my Polo AW GTI 😍

2012 Caddy 1.6 TDI Match, lowered with Stance+ coilovers and 18“ John Brown steel wheels
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Re: Nath‘s Reflex Silver 1.6TDI Match

Post by Nath&Alex »

My first mod was a new side door rail and rail cover from Reflex Auto Design 😁

Only issue I had was the how to videos I watch said it was a Torx T25 or a 4mm hex (Allan) key. However it was not it was XZN or multi spline so a trip out for new tools was required 🙄

2012 Caddy 1.6 TDI Match, lowered with Stance+ coilovers and 18“ John Brown steel wheels
kobat79
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by kobat79 »

Very nice, dude. Looks a minter. Love the steelies. It always surprise me the difference a simple rail cover makes!

Sent from my SM-A546B using Tapatalk

Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

This week was MOT time, I did give the van a look over and spent quite a bit of time cleaning under the arches. However I didn‘t look at the front wishbone bushes which is what it failed on 🙄

So new wishbones and ball joints fitted and then it passed its retest with flying colours 😁

However one thing I noted while getting know my van more intimately is something I‘ve never seen before…. The caliper carriers were part of the hub and not a bolt on part 🤔 This now means I’m going to have to replace my hubs to carry out my 350mm 4 pot brake upgrade 🙁

I know from talking to others that not all caddy’s hubs are like mine, the question is is there a benefit to upgrading to mk5 Golf GTI hubs over Caddy hubs (non integral carrier type)?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Those hubs only come on the lower powered Caddys with the smaller front brakes.

Mk5 GTI front hubs are exactly the same part as is found on the Caddy with the removable calliper carrier so don't go paying a premium for GTI specific parts.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Cheers for your feedback Doc 👍🏻
Last edited by Giddy on Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
HaaJeHaa
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by HaaJeHaa »

Steelies looks so good!
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Some new parts came from AUTODOC today, first time I have used them. Took a little while to come but worth it for quality parts!!

It may look lovely on the outside but need a little TLC underneath. So new rear bearings and drop links for the rear to install this weekend

My wife is already saying it’s a money pit :roll: :lol:

What the consensus with powerflex bushes for the rear end? Standard purples or series black?
snuffegull
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by snuffegull »

This thing is clean!
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

snuffegull wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:00 pm This thing is clean!
Cheers mate :D
Vanmandan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Vanmandan »

This thing is a stunner mate, so clean. i have probs scrolled past it but do you know what your lowered on?
2015 VW Caddy Maxi 1.6TDI 102BHP
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Vanmandan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:44 pm This thing is a stunner mate, so clean. i have probs scrolled past it but do you know what your lowered on?
Cheers mate

It’s lowered on Stance+ coilovers on the front, has a fliped rear axle and lowering shackle kit on back (not sure who’s) the damper is rather rusted on the back but does look black so possibly stance+ also.

I’m planning to put the darkside development tub approved Bilstein coilover kit on when funds allow. https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk ... roved.html
Baldspeed Racing
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Baldspeed Racing »

looks so sweet dude, ive been looking at the Rok wheels as love them. do you run spacers on it or not just to give me an idea on how wide they would sit?
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Baldspeed Racing wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:45 am looks so sweet dude, ive been looking at the Rok wheels as love them. do you run spacers on it or not just to give me an idea on how wide they would sit?
Cheers buddy :D

My wheels are John Brown steel wheels and I run them without spacers. There is a little bit of rubbing on the inner edge when hard lock due to width which only come into play when manoeuvring. They are totally fine for normal driving ;)
Vanmandan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Vanmandan »

Nath&Alex wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:52 pm Cheers mate

It’s lowered on Stance+ coilovers on the front, has a fliped rear axle and lowering shackle kit on back (not sure who’s) the damper is rather rusted on the back but does look black so possibly stance+ also.

I’m planning to put the darkside development tub approved Bilstein coilover kit on when funds allow. https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk ... roved.html
i would be interested in buying your set up in the future when you get the naughty dark side setup mate. looks sweet. less is more
2015 VW Caddy Maxi 1.6TDI 102BHP