Rear View Camera - help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
CaddyFIN
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Rear View Camera - help

Post by CaddyFIN »

Hello,

I have an 2011 Caddy and I fitted RCD 330. I also bought rear view camera, this one to be specific: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... ry_from%3A

This one should have the built in delay device. Also, the RCD 330 should have the camera coded on as a standard. I also plugged the video cable to the quadlock.

I tried installing the camera today. I took the ground & positive from the rear wiper and measured with multimeter and got steady +12v. I then plugged it in, but got no camera feed. The RCD330 detects the reverse, and switched automatically to the rear view mode, but gives error that the rear view camera function is not currently available. I did not connect the ACC line to anywhere, is that the reason why it's not working? I understood that if it has CANBUS connection the ACC cable wouldnt be required.
CaddyFIN
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Rear View Camera - help

Post by CaddyFIN »

Update: I took power for the ACC cable from the fuse box, still not working. Getting +12v from both ACC and the rear wiper connection..

Gives the error message that rear view camera currently not available. Could it have something to do with coding? As far as I understood, the head unit is coded by default to have camera enabled, and if it wasn't, it wouldnt even give the error when shifting to reverse.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Is your camera the correct video standard for the head unit, NTSC/PAL?
Have you checked there is a video output from the camera? Measure the voltage on the video line, cover the camera lens and the voltage should go down. Shine a light in the camera lens, the voltage should go up.

I have never used a RCD330 so can't say for sure if there are settings needed on it.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
CaddyFIN
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyFIN »

Got everything sorted out. My previous headunit RNS 310 had a blue 12 pin connector on the quadlock, so when I initially installed the camera cable to the quadlock, it went to the wrong side. So I just took of the old 12 pin connector as I think it only controls the AUX in the gloves compartment, which is not used anymore anyways, and replaced the old 12 pin with the new camera adapter cable. Now the camera works perfectly. I could of course just left the old connector in place and add the two cables and pins to the old connector.