Lowered Maxi Mud Flaps

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
juliang71
Caddy2k Groupie

Lowered Maxi Mud Flaps

Post by juliang71 »

Hi - can anyone recommend some mud flaps that would be suitable for a Caddy Maxi Life that has been lowered? I've measured the distance from the underside of the car to the floor and it's about 16cm at the front and 18cm at the back wheel.

Apart from the fact that the genuine VW ones are hideously expensive I suspect they would get destroyed in no time at all.

The best idea I could come up with after a quick Google were the rallyflapZ universal mudflap material and fashion myself four from that. I'm just not too sure on how good the outcome would look.

Thanks.
Be4ny13
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Lowered Maxi Mud Flaps

Post by Be4ny13 »

Hi, I had the VW flaps on my lowered maxi and they worked well and really took a beating for years but I've now fitted the rallyflapz kit on mine after all bar 1 were held together with zip ties. The rallyflapz just flex out the way so for rough roads and humps they're great and can be cut as long as you want them. Take a look at my build thread for some pictures
Far From Perfect, Perfect From Far
juliang71
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Lowered Maxi Mud Flaps

Post by juliang71 »

That's great thank you. Your build thread looks good as well so will give that a good read. Thanks again!