Dubvan - piccies updated page 4 on 7th March

Show off your caddy
dubvan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: Here's my motor - quick pictures of dirty white van!

Post by dubvan »

VW-PADDY-TDI wrote:Seats look very well jonsey.... Did you wait for the touran consoles???
Despite your encouragement to drill!!....I resisted and waited for the consoles - I'm a bit of a perfectionist and want it dead right - you might say I'm a bit anal I guess!? Thanks for positive comments mate.

Jonesy :mrgreen:
dubvan
Hyper Poster

Post by dubvan »

Man, this sound proofing malarky ain't all it's cracked up to be! Done 4 roles so far, another 8 to go (gulp!) hope it's bloody worth it - been working in the freezing cold for an hour or two at night - I love my heat gun! :D :lol:

VW-PADDY-TDI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by VW-PADDY-TDI »

dubvan wrote: you might say I'm a bit anal I guess!?
What ever your into Jonsey..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah no everone to there own other people would be even worse and insist on making the consoles from scratch.....
ImageImage
http://www.FlyinFinnMotorsport.com
05 Caddy TDI chipped irl custom map 140ish
Matt a
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Matt a »

Great looking seats!
snail17
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by snail17 »

yeah seats look real tasty jonesy :) it is sooo annoying that my dad has a golf edition30,,im so tempted to swap my seats,steeringwheel,wheels and pedals etc over night hoping he wont notice ha ha. o and are the ed30 seats different to normal gti ones,cos his seats are fabric centres with leather trim with red stitches,looks like normal gti have cloth trim..lastly you are one pimp teacher!! ryan
Matt a
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Matt a »

Yeah few pimp teachers about tbh! :D
Ricky
Caddy Fan

Post by Ricky »

Love the seats.......... more expensive than GTi seats out of curiosity ?

Keep those pictures coming of the sound proofing mate and also your thoughts on conclusion !!!!
dubvan
Hyper Poster

Post by dubvan »

Ricky wrote:Love the seats.......... more expensive than GTi seats out of curiosity ?

Keep those pictures coming of the sound proofing mate and also your thoughts on conclusion !!!!
Hey Ricky, thanks for comments on seats - I think I may have paid a bit more than some guys have paid for GTi seats on here - but I like 'em! Sound proofing up to date pic below - spent another hour in the cold again tonight!! Done floor and just over half way through off side. Poor old sub - can't wait to get it hooked up!! :mrgreen:

Ricky
Caddy Fan

Post by Ricky »

Can I ask what your using to soundproof the back mate ? Only been on this forum for a short time and everyone else seems to use that 'Dynamat' stuff !!!!! Although I would imagine using it you can only do the straight panels where as your covering it all !!!! Again just curious as I will be doing the same when I get me new caddy !!!!

Cheers for the updates !
dubvan
Hyper Poster

Post by dubvan »

Ricky wrote:Can I ask what your using to soundproof the back mate ? Only been on this forum for a short time and everyone else seems to use that 'Dynamat' stuff !!!!! Although I would imagine using it you can only do the straight panels where as your covering it all !!!! Again just curious as I will be doing the same when I get me new caddy !!!!

Cheers for the updates !
I'm using Sound X - not as good as Dynamat - but also no where near as expensive - a bit of a credit crunch alternative! Got it on ebay mate.
dubvan
Hyper Poster

Post by dubvan »

snail17 wrote:yeah seats look real tasty jonesy :) it is sooo annoying that my dad has a golf edition30,,im so tempted to swap my seats,steeringwheel,wheels and pedals etc over night hoping he wont notice ha ha. o and are the ed30 seats different to normal gti ones,cos his seats are fabric centres with leather trim with red stitches,looks like normal gti have cloth trim..lastly you are one pimp teacher!! ryan
Matt a wrote:Yeah few pimp teachers about tbh! :D
'Pimp teachers' LOL! :lol: Snail, I reckon the Edition 30 seats will be exactly same fitment as mine and normal GTi's, mate.

Baddy
100BHP+

Post by Baddy »

Looking good man, how much did it set you back a roll? I assume it will stop the buzz?
Cos I'm currently in the middle of working out what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna carpet/alcantara the back but wondered if i should do more? 6 months of subbage and my van seems to be rattling itself apart, and the freshly-fitted 6x9s won't help things lol
dubvan
Hyper Poster

Post by dubvan »

Baddy wrote:Looking good man, how much did it set you back a roll? I assume it will stop the buzz?
Cos I'm currently in the middle of working out what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna carpet/alcantara the back but wondered if i should do more? 6 months of subbage and my van seems to be rattling itself apart, and the freshly-fitted 6x9s won't help things lol
Like your van dude....check out ebay for it - think I've spent about £120 which should be enough to do the lot - done the rear deck and half of off side and with mdf still to go in (and carpet) it's massively quieter - can hardly hear fuel splashing about - back at school now so it will be a while before I get it finished - not in a rush because I'd rather do it properly! 8)

dubvan
Hyper Poster

Post by dubvan »

Forgot to mention - I've only done single overlapped layer - if you want even bigger difference double the layers!

dubvan
Hyper Poster

Post by dubvan »

peter wrote: the chrome piece at the back looks the biz

Cheers, mate. I like it too - looks great when it's just washed! By the way lads, check out piccie below of my 2month old £35 mirror covers - don't bother with them guys!! I'm not very happy!

Jonesy :twisted: