Idle judder

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tomtomgo
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Idle judder

Post by Tomtomgo »

Hi guys just after a bit of advice of possible. I started the van yesterday morning and it started to judder briefly every 10-20 seconds when left idle. After a bit of a drive it stopped. Started it again today and the judder has returned. Any ideas? Praying it's something simple! Cheers
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Idle judder

Post by Scoobysrt »

Which engine?
Is it a misfire judder?
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Tomtomgo
Caddy Fan

Post by Tomtomgo »

Thanks for the reply its a 1.9 tdi BLS. I dont think it's a misfire, the van drove fine after it had warmed up for a bit the juddering stopped until I left it overnight and it started again when cold this morning.
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

Mine did this a couple of time (same engine) when i first got it.

I'm not sure what it was, but after remnoving the EGR and cleaning it out, giving it a service then running a fuel cleaner fluid through it a couple times with a low fueal tank it hasn't done it since.

The 1.9 BLS is prone to getting blocked up internally if they are run on crap fuel and not well serviced.
Tomtomgo
Caddy Fan

Post by Tomtomgo »

Thanks for reply! I guessed may be EGR. I've been running millers through it since I bought the van and recently had it serviced so I guess my next move will be to give that a good clean. Easy job or?
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

I struggled to get the EGR off, it is possible but not easy access to a couple of bolts and at the time of trying I didn't really have the time to spend.

I removed the throttle body which was caked up, then using EGR cleaner managed to get in there and scrap out loads of gunk, really thick with it.