Do I need centralizing plates after lowering?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Do I need centralizing plates after lowering?

Post by FishermansFriend »

Hi,

Just looking for opinions please. The van has settled after lowering and I was wondering if I need to install centralizing plates? It looks like it may need to come back 1/2" but maybe I have looked at it for to long now.

I have these centralizing plates, would anyone know if they will will adjust the rear by 1/2" or would it be more?

Thank you.
Attachments
20211202_105914_01.JPG
20211202_120808_01.JPG
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Do I need centralizing plates after lowering?

Post by Doc »

I think if you move back 1/2" from where you are right now, you might end up contacting the arch liner.
The wheel might not be 100% central in the arch but it's much better than having it scraping and wearing through the liner.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Re: Do I need centralizing plates after lowering?

Post by FishermansFriend »

Hi Doc,

As always you are correct, if I move it back any further it will be very close to the arch liner. I will leave it as is. Thank you for your opinion.