show me your seats!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Re: show me your seats!

Post by RY_VW »

Can I get a nut in on the caddy base to bolt in to?l or will it the base need threading?
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
Cabbs
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Cabbs »

It’s abit fiddly but you can but and bolt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
veedubgub
100BHP+

Post by veedubgub »

RY_VW wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:40 am Am I driling the caddy bases or the seat leon rails?
Haha same here, planning on changing my seats but can't visualise what and where needs drilling, and also why. Lol

Anyone got any pics of where they have done this?

Maybe it will be obvious when i come to actually change the seats but i cant picture it in my head at the moment
Sag1
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Sag1 »

Got these 2019 R8 seats waiting to go in later in the year. No idea how though lol

2106 Caddy Life 1.4 TSI | Wheelchair Driver | My Instagram
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

@veedubgub you and me both haha I want to know what I'm doing know rather than going in blind when I've got the seats in bits :lol:

I think theyd go straight in on touran bases but I dont want to go that route but that is an option for you as it would make life easier

I pick them up saturday so very eager to get them in over the weekend if the house allows 8)
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
More to follow 8)
Cabbs
Hyper Poster

Post by Cabbs »

The Touran bases are the easiest and best option if you want hassle free fitting guys. You also get the added under seat storage. Your best bet if your not using Volkswagen or Audi seats is to sit them on the bases and you’ll see where and how they will need drilling. You might even be lucky and only need to drill the front or back holes depending if any line up.
In my cases I fitted 2019 Golf R seats on Touran bases and they were a direct fit. It’s all pretty straight forward once you sit the seats on the bases though.

RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

I know it should all be straight forward when in situ, will see when theyre on the drive. Also is it easier to keep the bases mounted to the floor or mount them to the new seats and then to the caddy floor?
The seats in question, £150 for the pair. really happy with them :) Image

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

More to follow 8)
Cabbs
Hyper Poster

show me your seats!

Post by Cabbs »

You’ll probably need to leave the bases in and mount them that way. Off the top of my head you’ll not get to the base bolts whilst mounted to the seats.

What seats are they? Them rails look similar to vw rails. You might be fine bolting them straight in. A lot of VW/ Audi seats have a lug at the front which you can cut off then they line up.

Last edited by Cabbs on Fri May 28, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

Okay, shall see what happens when I've got them. 5f Seat leon mate
More to follow 8)
D14_KYE
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by D14_KYE »

turbodcaddy wrote:Image these are mine Corsa vxr seats perfect height really comfortable only had to swap rail from each seats over
With the rails did you change everything under the seats or literally just the rails

J_Con
Hyper Poster

Post by J_Con »

Looking to upgrade my seats to something that has an isofix, anyone got any seats that has this?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

So I had one partly in today and it felt like I was sat on the floor :roll: so touran bases it is. Should my seats (as above, seat leon 5f)just bolt straight in to the touran bases?
More to follow 8)
Cabbs
Hyper Poster

show me your seats!

Post by Cabbs »

I don’t see why not pal.
If you source some locally try and get the all the spline bolts that there fitted with.

RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

Yes I'm aware of the bolt situation thankyou, I've been quoted 80 for the lot but wanna get them cheap as poss really. Also does the storage easily detach? I've got storage on my seats and will probably look odd with 2 drawers

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

More to follow 8)
Cabbs
Hyper Poster

show me your seats!

Post by Cabbs »

[mention]RY_VW [/mention]

The storage boxes just unscrew from the bases. I’ve kept the box on mine and also have the seat ones too. Always good to hide your Sh#t in. Lol.

My passenger side box houses my premium Bluetooth module for the hands free instead of it being under the passenger seat.