Fitting audi s5 seats full electric

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Will84
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Fitting audi s5 seats full electric

Post by Will84 »

Hi this is my first post. I've just bought a pair of half leather audi s line seats which are full electric including heated seats. I understand they should fit in ok with just a couple of holes to drill. I have a 2013 high line caddy which has ac but I believe I will need to buy the control panel which has the heated switch buttons. This is fine but have a few questions

Does anyone know the part number for the heater control panel which has the heated switches for my model? I've found some on eBay but want to make sure there correct.

Does anyone know if I need to purchase the leads to go from the back of this to the seats or would vw leave the leads in place?

Once there in would the vans computer need re programming?
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Re: Fitting audi s5 seats full electric

Post by stan-the-man »

Most panels should work fine as long as they look exactly same as your current one (but have heated seats). They are pretty much interchangable across the vw range. Just dont buy skoda panel as this would have green illumination.
Unfortunately the wiring won't be present in your car so you will have to wire them up from scratch :(
I'm not aware if vw sell wiring kit for it but I would say no.
It wouldn't be too hard to do. Understanding the wiring diagrams is the hard bit. You will have to enable the heated seats option by vcds as well at the end. Probably someone will correct me if I'm wrong ;)
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Amelia »

Hi bud I too have 2013 and also fitted s line leather but did not fit a control panel for the seats I added a switch on the seats so they are on or off much cheaper :D
Will84
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Will84 »

Cheers guys, I've managed to buy a mint heater control panel for £20 which includes the heated seat switches so want to use this. I know that vw sell my caddy with the heated seat option which would look like the controller I've bought so from the back of that to the seats vw must have the pre made leads???. Then hopefully the plugs will match seat end to seat as have heard the vw and audi plugs match???(maybe hoping too much)

The only thing is the power to move the seats as as far as I know vw caddy don't have a range with electric seats?

I will try and post some pics
Will84
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Will84 »

Cant seem to upload pics. Tap talk says it will send activation code but never sends? I have setup a login & profile with them? Prob don't need to be posted maybe a pm if you can help :/ sorry to be a pain

Really appreciate your help

Will
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Post by stan-the-man »

I'm afraid each wiring loom is adopted to options that are ordered from factory. So if your caddy didn't have heated seats as part of the equipment when it was originally ordered it won't have any wiring for it all.
Vw might be selling the loom for the seat only but I didn't come across any wiring kit in etka other than that.
Unfortunately you would need to run few wires from each seat to have OEM setup. You will need the wiring diagram, matching plugs for under the seats (caddy and audi will be different), some repair wires from vw, wiring, and patience :)

I can send you wiring diagrams if you want, just send me your
E-mail ;)

It might sound scary but it's not that bad to do.
Will84
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Will84 »

Cheers Stan, that has cleared up a few questions ;) if you could send me the wiring diagram that would be great ecobuild@hotmail.co.uk. I'm now thinking of getting the heated seat loom from a scrapyard out of a scirocco, passat etc that has the same controller and then just changing the plugs on the loom at the seat end with the matching audi plugs? I'm also in talks with a guy on eBay that builds these looms, as I came across one he had made for a t5. I've emailed him the pics of the seat connectors and the back of my heater control so waiting to see what he could maybe do. So now just need to work out how to give the seats power to move?? I'm desperately trying to avoid cutting any existing cables in the van so if ever needed it can all be unplugged and put back.

On another note I'm debating putting the seats on touran bases to save drilling holes but at 6'4" I'm concerned about the height I've heard about. Maybe if not using the touran bases wether I could get some plates fabricated that could fit to the seats and then relocate the holes :/

I'm not sure if there is a thread already on this about the seats but the ones I've seen don't go in to much detail. Once I've sussed it all out I will upload the pics, explanations etc in great detail ;)

Really appreciate your help

Will try again later to upload some pics :0
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Post by stan-the-man »

No problem!
If you want I could possibly help you out with making a loom, but Im in Ireland dude.
Loom from scrappy isn't a a bad idea too but be aware that the loom will be interrogated into the cars main one meaning the whole dash has to come out etc. Hopefully fellas in the scrappy wont mind ;).
Those plugs to match your audi ones shouldn't be that expensive from the dealers. I have tiguan seat in mine and preferred to have it higher but properly bolted on than keeping it lower on caddy base but drill new holes. Its just me tho. I'll email you diagram as soon as you let me know what year is your caddy and also if you know the year/model of Audi your seats came out of, we can look up wiring for them too ;)
Will84
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Will84 »

Yeah, well I'd obviously be willing to pay for them and postage if it's something you can do :/ or if you think it would be easier to make my own from scrappy? I'm no electrician but I can use a multimeter and do wire complex heating systems where electricians struggle on the controls side :/

Yeah think I may go for the touran bases as don't want to be drilling a new van ;)

My caddy is a 2013 highline and the seats are audi s line which I think came out of a A6/A8 don't know the year but around 2010 I imagine

Once you've emailed me I'll ping you over the photos as for some reason I can't upload to here yet

;)
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Post by stan-the-man »

Email sent fella :)
Will84
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Will84 »

Cheers mate, ur a legend, I've sent you back some pics ;)
kkp0897
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kkp0897 »

Hi all,

First time poster and apologies for digging up an old post but I have to go from 4 plugs into 3 plugs.

Here's the 4 plug S5 Seat :

And here's my 3 Plug Seat

Any assistance would be appreciated in terms of re-wiring.

I've heard @stantheman is the expert?

Thanks in advance,
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Post by stan-the-man »

Hey dude. Can’t see the pics buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

kkp0897 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:05 pm Hi all,

First time poster and apologies for digging up an old post but I have to go from 4 plugs into 3 plugs.

Here's the 4 plug S5 Seat :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D1b9yo ... sp=sharing

And here's my 3 Plug Seat

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oFckXk ... sp=sharing

Any assistance would be appreciated in terms of re-wiring.

I've heard @stantheman is the expert?

Thanks in advance,
Quote with stripped out tags

No idea why IMG tags don't work but this is a workaround if you want to see the image -
Just click on quote in a post to see the IMG link and open in another tab - No need to actually post the quote ! Unless you want to.

p.s. stan-the-man is the man.
Don't know about stantheman