WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
problemchild75
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Post by problemchild75 »

Im looking to buy a clean tidy tdi caddy with 98000miles £4000 tdifsh new exhaust had cambelt done had clutch and flywheel replaced in v good cond or £5500 60000 miles fsh not had cambelt etc but mint.. my thinking is the highermileage one with the major work done would be the better of the two. what would you guys who have run them for a bit reccomend what further expenditure should i expect. do they still drive tightly with higher mileage.
tia
jamie
Bigvw
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Post by Bigvw »

I'ld go for the one with the higher mileage dude as to get the whole flywheel clutch thing done your prob looking at about £1,000.00 from the stealers and it will need done on the other Caddy sooner or later
cheers Paul
Dubtech Custom Vans. Suppliers for - KW,ST,AP Suspension systems, Bilstein suspension, V-Maxx , Official RECARO dealer, GAZ Shocks, Cobra Seats, 07967 106 906 bigvw@hotmail.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/Dubtechcustomvans
Juego
200BHP+

Post by Juego »

I'm on the exact same thinking as you mate, i dunno whether to buy a low mileage one or a higher mileage with clutch and flywheel done. My Fabia's the highest mileage car i've owned as i've never had a car past 49k but the Fabia's almost at 60k. So i was looking for a van around similar mileage

But as BigVW posted thats food for thought as i never took into account any of that lol
Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Liam »

my caddy is 2005 model 1.9 tdi with 192,000 klms on it and its just been mapped a few months back and pulls like a train and not smokey etc

lovely van and really enjoy driving it dont regret buying a high mileage one at all !

but i got it cheap enough and it needed a new clutch and timing belt kit after i bought it got both done and still came in under the price of a similarly specced van without the benefit of knowing my clutch was gonna last or not , so happy days :D
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
Firing-line
Hyper Poster

Post by Firing-line »

Mileage wouldn't be my main concern buying a Caddy or any other car.. A high mileage car could be well looked after by the owner, driven properly, mantained, serviced regulary etc etc.. A low mileage one might have been rallied and given a hard life or used for short trips, stopping starting, carrying 4 tonne of horse manure etc etc..

I have to laugh when cars are advertised a one lady owner, yeah one lady owner with a gang of teenage sons who used it for their personal hot rod doing handbrakes and donuts, or a learner driver that took chunks out of the gearbox, clutch etc..

I would probably go for the higher mileage one but haggle on price, maybe showing the owner the other lower mileage one at the similar price to try for a better deal?
T5 WOB
100BHP+

Post by T5 WOB »

my van i just got done 106k one owner from new .1.9 tdi .full vag history .pulls well. just to let you no most tdi dont fully run in to about 90k..lots of mates with t4 vans are upto 260k and runing all ok .
kurb$ide ku$tom$