Rear axle wobble

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Rear axle wobble

Post by Doc »

What tyres have you got on those wheels?
Anything wider than 225 will catch the arch liner.
You could get away with 8mm or possibly 10mm spacer each side.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Thatcher1993
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Thatcher1993 »

Im running 225s as much as I'm against spacers might be my only option then
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Your offset is wrong, spacers would surely make the issue worse by widening the track.
You need thinner tyres if you want to keep the same wheels somthing like 215's but I'm not a fan of stretched tyres myself.
Unless I'm missing something.
I beleive you can also get a narrower axle but you'll have to research that.
Lastly you could have the arches rolled but I've not really seen much of that done on caddy so it might be a no no.
Seems a lot of myther instead of just changing the wheels.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

My bad, I must have wrongly assumed the rubbing was on the inner arch and not the outer. If it is the outer, spacers will only worsen the situation as said.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Lol I was just coming on to say the opposite that I assumed it was the outer arches but if its the inner arches spacers would help lol.

A bigger wheel offset makes them stick out further was my assumption but I have had a long night lol.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Thatcher1993
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Thatcher1993 »

It's inner arches that's rubbing not low enough for outer arches to rub. Wouldn't want to go smaller on the tyre not a fan of stretch either. Has anyone ever retrofitted a panhard rod to stop the movement. I have a few bits lying around and am competent with a welder so thinking about giving it a go.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Not a panhard rod as such but this thread showing the latest air ride kit has a neat set up.
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46365

For the cost of cutting 2 bits of tube to go in your spring mounts I would try anti wobble blocks first.

Doc was right, a 5-10mm spacer may be your next answer but if you do go the panhard rod route I would be interested to see your results as I don't believe ive seen one on a caddy.
Thatcher1993
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Thatcher1993 »

Im already running anti wobble blocks they didn't seem to make much difference. Can't read the tread yet still waiting for My account upgrade to be authorised.