why isnt this forum bigger?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
jedi-knight83
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

why isnt this forum bigger?

Post by jedi-knight83 »

max users online... 5!! there are more caddys out there than that!! is there another more popular caddy forum? what can we do to get more people on here... a forum is only as good as its members.
Golf GTI DSG - Stage1: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | 19" BBS CH | ED30 Everything - INFO
Caddy 2.0 TDI DSG - Stage 1: 177bhp / 283lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Golf GT seats - INFO

ImageImage
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: why isnt this forum bigger?

Post by Doc »

Forum is still in its early days mate,
As for promoting it, see HERE and Ed also made a few signature bars to add to your profile/sig in other forums.
So far there have been quite a few visitors but not too many signing up. As the amount of info grows, so will the members.
Small acorns - Great Oaks :)
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
madalex
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by madalex »

think it is very hard to find. only came across it by chance from the signature off another forum. doesnt come up when searching for caddy forum and maybe not many now them as caddy 2k. just my thoughts :? :? :? :?:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I'm not expert on websites but I think I've found the problem.
I know for a fact the site was showing up in google before.
When the first page was updated, The heading was removed which was a description of the site.
I have now reinstated the old heading and we'll see how it goes.
It takes a few days for Google to pick up on changes.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
vanworx
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by vanworx »

Just viewed the source of this page, you need to add meta tags and keywords where you designed the webpage. Also google likes stuff on the homepage, some keyword content. If you can add a welcome paragraph to the front page mentioning stuff like, "Caddy, Caddy3, forum etc etc" - basically what people might type into google, if you get the content on the homepage and the keywords and meta tags to match google will go thro' the site and I'd imagine you should come up at the top for searches. Google responds very well to some words on the homepage as a picture is very hard for it to process. Doing it like this is called an organic search and is free. You could also do PPC (pay per click) but for a forum it's not really worth it unless you are selling something as you have to fund it from somewhere. Dave
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Cheers dave,
I did add keywords to the homepage meta section and also the forum home. I'll try and find out how to add them to the entire forum, I thought once on the forum home head they'd appear on every topic page. Never thought to check. :?

ReBo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by ReBo »

+1 !! :lol:

I will post the link on a couple of Dutch forums . . . so the 2k forum is goeing worldwide !!
In the other section I will introduce myself :)
2005 VW Caddy 2K 1.9 TDI, VAN, sold
2009 VW Caddy 2K 2.0 TDI, VAN, beginning al over again . . .

non caddy's hobby cars:
To many accourding to my girlfriend . . .
Nski
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Nski »

yep the website is still new, and more and more guys are owning mk3 caddys!