AUSTRALIAN MEMBERS THREAD

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
ben_faulkner
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: AUSTRALIAN MEMBERS THREAD

Post by ben_faulkner »

asr_933@hotmail.com wrote:I'm in Sydney too team! Why do you want Touran seat bases ben_faulkner?
Welcome along! :-)

Touran bases are because i want to fit some R32 seats which sit lower than the standard seats on the standard bases, i am not tall so i need the Touran bases to get the seats back up to a reasonable height.

have the bases in my ebay checkout now and it works out as about $220, have asked for combined shipping and will ask about removing the TAX now...
asr_933@hotmail.com
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by asr_933@hotmail.com »

I have GTI seats on mine on standard bases. Yes they are low but you just use the height adjustment lever. Yes it changes the angle but its really not that much and saves you coin to spend on other bits. Just putting out there mate to save you some bucks.
ben_faulkner
Caddy Fan

Post by ben_faulkner »

asr_933@hotmail.com wrote:I have GTI seats on mine on standard bases. Yes they are low but you just use the height adjustment lever. Yes it changes the angle but its really not that much and saves you coin to spend on other bits. Just putting out there mate to save you some bucks.
thanks appreciate that! well im off to get the seats tomorrow and hopefully fit them over the weekend if the rain holds off. ill hold off on the bases until i try the seats out on the standard frames!

what else have you done to your caddy?
horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by horace01 »

You can also just make spacers to raise the height too.
2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asr_933@hotmail.com
100BHP+

ben_faulkner wrote: thanks appreciate that! well im off to get the seats tomorrow and hopefully fit them over the weekend if the rain holds off. ill hold off on the bases until i try the seats out on the standard frames!

what else have you done to your caddy?
Worth a shot anyway mate. Ummm...H&R Springs and dark side shackle kit, rcd510, engine cover, Audi rs6 replica 19 x 8, custom fit out in the back, vinyl wrap, CREE LED reverse lights....really keen for a tune next but the prices are crazy.

ben_faulkner
Caddy Fan

Post by ben_faulkner »

nice, what you doing with those black wheels?

i just seen on a thread of yours that you has some seatbelt issues when buying your seats, where di you get your seats from and how much? and what do i need to do to avoid the seatbelt issues? just make sure i come away with golf seatbelt buckles as well?

what did you pay for your wrap? i need to get one also.
yoshi
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by yoshi »

Soz let me get in on this action I'm from Wollongong nsw. Killer site for caddys mate, looks like you just started one
ben_faulkner
Caddy Fan

Post by ben_faulkner »

awesome, welcome along mate :-)
asr_933@hotmail.com
100BHP+

ben_faulkner wrote:nice, what you doing with those black wheels?

i just seen on a thread of yours that you has some seatbelt issues when buying your seats, where di you get your seats from and how much? and what do i need to do to avoid the seatbelt issues? just make sure i come away with golf seatbelt buckles as well?

Bought the seats from a wrecker in Melbourne for $275. Had a mate pick them up and hold them for a while. Drove down, got them, came home, put them in.... Realised they had no buckles. Called old mate and he told me they don't come with them (total BS). I said OK well I need them so how much are they..... $160.... Each...second hand. VW wanted that for new ones! Never buy from GMS spares Melbourne.

Seats should come with buckles so just check before you buy.

Decontaminated, Cleaned and Ceramic coated the wheels.

Wrap was $2500.
ben_faulkner wrote:nice, what you doing with those black wheels?

asr_933@hotmail.com
100BHP+

Where do you get a DNA tune from in Sydney? Whats the power increase like compared to revo or bluefin?
ben_faulkner
Caddy Fan

Post by ben_faulkner »

The rep in Melbourne (John I think it is) sends it out in the post for you.
It's a 28bhp increase, not sure what that is in Australian.
ben_faulkner
Caddy Fan

Post by ben_faulkner »

busy day today, managed to pick up some leather r32 seats, r32 mfsw with dsg paddles and r32 alloys.

wheels are on.

not attempted the steering wheel yet.

with the seats, i have cut down the extra sticky out metal bits and semi installed the passenger seat. my drill was not powerful enough to drill the extra holes (do you drill the holes into the front or the back of the frames?
also another issue i have, on the drivers side there are 2 wires going into the seatbelt mechanism. The R32 seats has the same wires (plus a load extra) but the connectors are different. so how do i connect the 2? is there a guide for this anywhere?

hopefully get the seats in tomorrow and will attempt the steering wheel as well (minus the buttons and paddles)
asr_933@hotmail.com
100BHP+

No need to connect the seat belt wires in the seat and no need to drill new holes. Just make a washer up and use the big hole at the back of the seat base. You just need to make a washer. That way you aren't technically modifying the base.
ben_faulkner
Caddy Fan

Post by ben_faulkner »

mate, you are a legend!
ben_faulkner
Caddy Fan

Post by ben_faulkner »

thanks for all of your help so far guys, much appreciated. work done so far can be seen here. very happy so far!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24534&p=205807#p205807