Insurance increase :(

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Firing-line
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Insurance increase :(

Post by Firing-line »

BIGNICK wrote:There is pal, but they've got me by the short and curlies cos I'm so close to the end of the year.. :(

between a rock and a sh*t place..
I had that crap from my insurance company a while back, maybe 3-4yr back, they jack up a policy from 400 to 700quid, so I let it lapse (helps that I had another car to drive on a different policy), and they were phoning me daily just before the policy ran out, I checked out a few online quotes and low and behold the company I was with quoted me 450 online??? So I went up to their office with this quote printed off and a few others in the same ballpark and they matched the cheapist, wiped 240 euro off the quote, chancing their arm hoping you would just renew at any price... When I got my caddy I did a couple online quotes, and one place "vaninsure.ie" or something like that and they got back to me with a fully comp commercial quote for 410 euro, that suited me fine as I didn't even have to shop aroung they did it for me..
Willis
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Willis »

Firing-line wrote: So I went up to their office with this quote printed off and a few others in the same ballpark and they matched the cheapist, wiped 240 euro off the quote, chancing their arm hoping you would just renew at any price...
FBD ?
Why does my avatar keep getting deleted ?????????????????
Firing-line
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Firing-line »

Willis wrote: FBD ?
No Axa, it was on a private car at the time, a mk4 golf 1.4.. They stopped giving online quotes soon after..