The workhorse

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Wayne88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: Engine upgrade

Post by Wayne88 »

No I had no idea. My cousin is the mechanic that chaned the engines over but I never had any idea of extra wiring, thought just straight swap over. Do u know the extra wiring needed or where I can find it. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Re: RE: Re: Engine upgrade

Post by shanky887614 »

Wayne88 wrote:No I had no idea. My cousin is the mechanic that chaned the engines over but I never had any idea of extra wiring, thought just straight swap over. Do u know the extra wiring needed or where I can find it. Cheers

vagnum wrote:

Did you check to see if any additional wiring needed doing when doing the engine conversion ?
When doing the BKD/AZV conversion to an SDI there's about 5 new wires that adding to the vehicle side of the loom and Ebox.

5 wires?

the only difference is the n75 valve and map sensor.

the map sensor is 4 wires that need adding to the wiring loom to the ecu, then on mine used the egr cable to do the n75 valve and repinned ecu to do it

Wayne88
Caddy Fan

Post by Wayne88 »

Ah ok. It is running and has been for a while now as it's a workhorse but I do want it to run better so this may help. I'll show my mechanic and hopefully he'll get what you've said. Thanks for the info, I may pm u at some point to pick your brains if ok lol

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'd agree with vagnum, it is very possible that the 14 pin connector at the left side headlight might need extra wires or at least repinned.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
vagnum
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by vagnum »

Guess it depends what the base van was to start with mine was a SDI i would say the TDI would need less wire changing. Can't remember how many wires and what needed rewiring but a few wires needed swapping and the AZV glow plug control unit/relay needed a wire to and connecting up to the Ebox. I sat and went through the both wiring diagram and wrote out every pin and what it did then crossed reference both.

Wayne88
Caddy Fan

Post by Wayne88 »

Doc wrote:I'd agree with vagnum, it is very possible that the 14 pin connector at the left side headlight might need extra wires or at least repinned.
What's is repinning exactly? I was going to get derv doctor out to look at it and c if he could get the engine running smoother, with light being on it has bad reek when revved plus at idle the van moves so I wonder if this is a mistimimg with the engine or flywheel needs changing.
Cheers guys

Wayne88
Caddy Fan

Post by Wayne88 »

It was originally a 2.0 ltr sdi, and now has a 1.9 tdi 90 engine from a touran in it. Don't suppose u still got that list lol?
Cheers

vagnum
100BHP+

Post by vagnum »

Wayne88 wrote:
What's is repinning exactly? I was going to get derv doctor out to look at it and c if he could get the engine running smoother, with light being on it has bad reek when revved plus at idle the van moves so I wonder if this is a mistimimg with the engine or flywheel needs changing.
Cheers guys

Removing the pin from the plug connector and relocating it to the correct location that it needs to be in and/or putting new wiring into the connector.
I would check the wiring first before calling anyone out.
My wiring would be different to yours I think as its a AZV 2.0tdi 16v.
What engine code is the TDI engine ? Take it the SDI was a BST.

I'll have a look for you when I'm back next week.

shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Post by shanky887614 »

vagnum wrote:
Removing the pin from the plug connector and relocating it to the correct location that it needs to be in and/or putting new wiring into the connector.
I would check the wiring first before calling anyone out.
My wiring would be different to yours I think as its a AZV 2.0tdi 16v.
What engine code is the TDI engine ? Take it the SDI was a BST.

I'll have a look for you when I'm back next week.

im guessing he will be using the touran ecu now.

bst is a 2.0L sdi engine i had one in my 2009 caddy

vagnum
100BHP+

Post by vagnum »

shanky887614 wrote:
I'm guessing he will be using the touran ecu now.

I hope so Image otherwise that would cause a few problems.

vagnum
100BHP+

Post by vagnum »

I hope so, otherwise that would cause a few problems

Wayne88
Caddy Fan

Post by Wayne88 »

Sorry for the late reply guys away for the weekend, yeah it's the original loom from sdi and the touran engine in place of sdi. I'm probz not the best person to explain it so I'll sit down we the person who did it and post back in a couple of days explaining it all. Hopefully get this sorted.

Wayne88
Caddy Fan

Post by Wayne88 »

It is a bxf 1.9 engine. That's what's on the touran documents

vagnum
100BHP+

Post by vagnum »

Wayne88 wrote:Sorry for the late reply guys away for the weekend, yeah it's the original loom from sdi and the touran engine in place of sdi. I'm probz not the best person to explain it so I'll sit down we the person who did it and post back in a couple of days explaining it all. Hopefully get this sorted.

Ok that's cool this will be more than likely why the lights on with the fault codes, must on the connectors and pin location are the same just with a few differences 1 question tho how did he get the n75 valve working because that wouldn't of been on the SDI loom?

shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Post by shanky887614 »

vagnum wrote:
Ok that's cool this will be more than likely why the lights on with the fault codes, must on the connectors and pin location are the same just with a few differences 1 question tho how did he get the n75 valve working because that wouldn't of been on the SDI loom?

use the egr connector and swap the pins in the ecu plug