Caddy Tailgate Conversion Dilema !!!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
kona75
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Caddy Tailgate Conversion Dilema !!!

Post by kona75 »

found somebody local to supply the glass heated and tinted for £175 fitted but has anybody got access to wiring diagrams for barn door and also new tailgate so I can make sense of the wiring . I know that the new tailgate has a electrically operated switch and a solenoid but niot sure on wiring or if the mechanism can be transferred from barn door to tailgate?
Berger
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Berger »

Matt@Reflex wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:29 pm Ok you need a tailgate, hinges, catch and the latch that bolts to the van as this is different.
You also need the two panels that weld in along the top.
The most difficult bit is where the dampers bolt on. The tailgate model has reiforcements inside the 1/4 panels but other vans are single skin which is not strong enough to support the dampers.
Hi Matt is this something you could do ?I really want a tailgate conversion I have a 2018 caddy with barn doors
Instagram @berger2k
Arnie_wilson
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Arnie_wilson »

Hi, could anyone help me in regards to the coding end of the conversion? My mate is having trouble opening his tailgate an also we can't get the 3rd brake light to work. I have vagcom but just unsure what to activate to get both to work properly.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

From memory its not just coding that needs doing. I believe the bcm needs repinning but I don't have the exact details as to how.
kona75
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by kona75 »

Any body have a picture of the locking in a mk4 tailgate as I have bought the looms but The plugs don’t fit? Don’t know which fits what as plugs are different for some reason. If anybody could take a picture of the wiring under the tailgate cover panel this would help thanks
djandyk
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by djandyk »

sorry to jump on this post but i’m about to do the mk4 facelift to my mk3 it’s complete with the mk4 loom but is the anything i need to do to the mk3 one being a tailgate already apart from electric catch Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Just saw @kona75 post and I had a similar issue. Turns out there is a loom thats listed on etka but isn't shown on the illustration. I can't remember if I made a note of the part number anywhere but will see if I can find it. Looking on etka there's a loom listed 2K5 972 176 G but not 100% thats the missing one.

Just went through my posts on the forum and I made a note in another thread about tailgate conversion and the hidden loom was 2K5 972 176 C at £14.
djandyk
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by djandyk »

ok i have all loom with new tailgate just not sure what to do to get the catch to work as it’s now electric not mechanical and just got told the tailgate lights wire different to barn doors why i don’t know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deckybee
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Deckybee »

Hello there, did you manage to get catch working on this? Thanks
Last edited by Lister79 on Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unnecessary quote removed