made a BIG balls up with window mechanism!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
jamie6662
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

made a BIG balls up with window mechanism!

Post by jamie6662 »

Well iv been upgrading the stereo and speakers,took door cards off and needed to get inner metal door cover off to get inside to put sound deadening in,drilled rivets that hold window runners out carefully pulled door cover away,then DISASTER all the cable winding pulleys sprang off i was aware this may happen but after 2 hrs of trying to figure out how to get it all back together realised i have got absolutlely no chance! what a nightmare its 4pm sunday afternoon window wont stay up i need van for work had to remove cables drilled some holes put self tappers in to hold window,anybody had any experience with a window replacemeant?i think this is gonna be mega money at vw for labour,lesson learnt the hard way i think! :(
minimad
200BHP+

Re: made a BIG balls up with window mechanism!

Post by minimad »

if you find the part numbers for the door inner(the big metal plate) i have a spare one in the shed with the mechanism attached. Your not ment to drill them apart!!! Where do you live?
2004 Caddy TDI
Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Liam »

Cut a piece of timber to prop it closed for the time being
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
Firing-line
Hyper Poster

Post by Firing-line »

Break a couple of wooden clothes pegs in half and use them to wedge between the window and door to keep the window closed for the mean time..
jamie6662
Caddy Fan

Post by jamie6662 »

yes iam a fool :oops: thought i could drill rivets remove cover leaving the window/runners in place,minimad im in sheffield uk its the passenger side door and its an electric window setup too if you have it? i have put a removeable self tapper in the metal runner so window is secured up ok for now.am i right in thinking you pull the whole metal cover/window runner and pulley down and then unbolt the window from it to remove that metal panel?or do you wind the window fully down and remove the whole window ,runner assy and metal panel in one go or is it neither lol

:?
PrePavGav
Hyper Poster

Post by PrePavGav »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-caddy-van-brea ... _500wt_715" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Close enough for you?!
jamie6662
Caddy Fan

Post by jamie6662 »

PrePavGav wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-caddy-van-brea ... _500wt_715

Close enough for you?!
ah just looked on ebay missed that in my search well spotted mate yer thats close fingers crossed its got leccy windows will ring tomorrow wonder if mechanism/ panel is the same for manual windows except maybe electric motor fits where the manual winder goes, thanks dude
minimad
200BHP+

Post by minimad »

jamie6662 wrote: ah just looked on ebay missed that in my search well spotted mate yer thats close fingers crossed its got leccy windows will ring tomorrow wonder if mechanism/ panel is the same for manual windows except maybe electric motor fits where the manual winder goes, thanks dude

manual and electric are the same!
2004 Caddy TDI
jamie6662
Caddy Fan

Post by jamie6662 »

minimad wrote:
manual and electric are the same!
ok that could be good news then did u remove the window mechansim and metal plate?if so how did you do it?
minimad
200BHP+

Post by minimad »

Remove door card then put the window halfway down. In the middle there are two big (about 50mm) black grommets. If you put the window down while looking through these you will see two 10mm bolts line up with them. Loosen these off and then lift the glass up and out of the door. You will need to turn it side ways to do this. Now all you need to do is remove all the 10mm bolts around the metal door inner.

Somebody correct me if im wrong!!!!
2004 Caddy TDI
jamie6662
Caddy Fan

Post by jamie6662 »

yeah that sounds about what ive been told today about the grommets n bolts they said on golf with that kind of set up they then pushed window back upto top and taped with gaffer tape to hold it, wether i do that or have to take it out im on the right track now!minimad -tried the guy breaking van on ebay but hes sold doors already got few more places to try but may be interested in that one you have if its passenger side :P
PrePavGav
Hyper Poster

Post by PrePavGav »

How dare you credit minimad with finding that breaker on the bay!!!! It was me!! being a Rotherham lad myself, I knew just how close it was to you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
minimad
200BHP+

Post by minimad »

PrePavGav wrote:How dare you credit minimad with finding that breaker on the bay!!!! It was me!! being a Rotherham lad myself, I knew just how close it was to you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its ok im not rolling in any undeserved credit just Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?
2004 Caddy TDI