Remote Key Fault

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Nolly
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Remote Key Fault

Post by Nolly »

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue with their remote key.

The lock and rear door buttons work however it will not unlock from the remote?

If I require a new key has anyone ever bought one from eBay? If so how are they coded to the van?

Cheers
Nolly
dipstr
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Remote Key Fault

Post by dipstr »

Have you checked the battery in the remote?

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

Nolly
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nolly »

dipstr wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:35 pm Have you checked the battery in the remote?

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
It's only the unlock button that doesn't work? Surely this wouldn't be the battery as the other 2 buttons work?
totty79
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by totty79 »

Does the faulty button feel the same as the others?

It could be the micro switch, I've soldered new ones onto remotes of a couple of other brands - they cost less than a quid and having a dealer code new keys can be expensive.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'd try a new battery first.
From what I gather it's an inherent trait so you recognise the battery is running out by having to manually unlock your car rather than walk away and have it fail to lock.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Nolly
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nolly »

Doc wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:34 pm I'd try a new battery first.
From what I gather it's an inherent trait so you recognise the battery is running out by having to manually unlock your car rather than walk away and have it fail to lock.
Ah right that makes sense! I will try a new battery 1st and see if that cures it.

Another question for you Doc. Do the remote keys from eBay code in okay or am I best going to the dealer for a 2nd remote key?

Thanks 👍🏻
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

There are 100's of remote keys on eBay, I can't speak for all.
What I can say is Robert at CarKeysTorbay.co.uk has some of the best I have used.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
AdoleFiddler
Caddy Fan

Post by AdoleFiddler »

Did they need coding? If so how?
Last edited by Doc on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yes, they need coding.
The procedure is different for different generations of the Caddy2k but VCDS will match central locking to the vehicle and you'll need an immobiliser specific tool to match the immobiliser transponder.