Caddy interior light fuse??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ringbolted
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Caddy interior light fuse??

Post by Ringbolted »

Fuse 22 is the top left 10A mini fuse on the right hand side of the picture. If you enlarge the image it has a cut out above it and the number is easily readable.

I blew my lnternal lights after removing the overhead rack to sound deaden and insulate the roof. It also threw up the lamp warning on the dash and a check rear fog light warning. Checked the fuse half an hour ago and it was toast. Will replace it tomorrow.
jackjamie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by jackjamie »

Got the lights working after it was a 7.5 fuse I bought a fuse tester off eBay for £6 loads easier than taking each one out and checking by eye the tester lights up if the fuse is working didn’t take long to find the faulty fuse not having problems with my rear number plate lights I bought some after market led number plate lights with a rubber seal somehow water is getting in and the metal plates are rusty I’ve sprayed some wd40 electrical spray and wire brushed them off and bought some more led lights still nothing might have to take apart the back strip off just don’t want to lose any springs for the door handle is it a straight forward job dose anyone know
cheers jack
smartmart16
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by smartmart16 »

hi there, just felt i had to reply. after searching the internet and coming across this thread i'd like to thank all involved for sorting my problem out. i had no interior light and a warning light on the dash as bulb failure. after a couple of visits to the local garage who reckoned i'd got a rear fog light out(but couldn't even find a rear left fog light 🤔) i was left stumped.
i've just been out and checked the fuse(number 22) and yes it had blown, replaced the same and the interior lights are back working and the warning light on the dash has gone out.seems a bit of a weird one but that's how it is.
anyway thankyou again for the information,
martin
smartmart16
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by smartmart16 »

well that didn't last long!
noticed the warning light on the dash again and sure enough the fuse had blown again. i've tried swapping the fuse and it's immediately blown them. i assume i've got a short on it somewhere causing it to blow. i'm not sure if it's linked to my drivers side back door being opened and there being a fault on it or if it was just coincidence that i had opened it.
anyway, is there anything i should be looking at/for or doing straight away due to it blowing the fuse straight off?
any sort of help would be very much appreciated,
regards
martin
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

Any modifications or non standard equipment fitted?
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
smartmart16
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by smartmart16 »

it's got an led strip light in the back which was fitted when the previous owner had a touran interior with carpets and back seats fitted. i unplugged it before fitting the new fuse. i've had it over 2 years now as it is.
PDixy00
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by PDixy00 »

Doc wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:41 pm Check the cabin fuse panel.
Fuse 46 up to April 2011
Fuse 22 from May 2011
That's the factory fuse location. BG added their own fuse panel behind the glove box but I think that was only for their extra lights.
Evening Doc.

The BG-installed fuse panel that serves their additional lighting… do you have any further info on location/access to this?
The LED light strips went out last night, having been on for a couple of cycles of the timed cut-off (as per OEM interior lights), and I suspect a fuse has gone?
I’ve had the glovebox compartment out but can’t see anything directly behind it?
The wiring from said lights runs in behind the B-Pillar trim, and I don’t really want to have to take all that out to trace the wire through if there is a less labour-intensive solution.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks I’m advance 🙏🏻
Lambrettacraig
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lambrettacraig »

Could this be affecting my Rear Left Fog Light warning? I also have no interior lights! Apart from an independent LED light strip at the back doors.

smartmart16 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:32 pm hi there, just felt i had to reply. after searching the internet and coming across this thread i'd like to thank all involved for sorting my problem out. i had no interior light and a warning light on the dash as bulb failure. after a couple of visits to the local garage who reckoned i'd got a rear fog light out(but couldn't even find a rear left fog light 🤔) i was left stumped.
i've just been out and checked the fuse(number 22) and yes it had blown, replaced the same and the interior lights are back working and the warning light on the dash has gone out.seems a bit of a weird one but that's how it is.
anyway thankyou again for the information,
martin
dshelton999
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by dshelton999 »

Hi,

I have the exact same problem.

Interior light works on the switch but not when the doors are opened or van is unlocked. My nearside fog light bulb isn't working as well.

Also the led lights that British gas installed have stopped working. I have tested the power going to the lights and it is live.

All fuses checked ad ok.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Dan