Caddy interior light fuse??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
jackjamie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Caddy interior light fuse??

Post by jackjamie »

When i first bought my caddy i started with changing the dull yellow lights with led bulbs as i started from the back changed the bulb then all the interior lights went off i looked for a fuse diagram but nothing with interior lights ive looked at most of the fuese and cant find any that are damaged any one shed some light on this?
Thanks jack
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy interior light fuse??

Post by Doc »

The interior lights are driven from electronics within the body control module.
If you have created a short circuit, it is possible that the circuitry has shut down electronically rather than blow a fuse.
I would first start by disconnecting anything you have added or changed in the lighting circuit.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
pritch109
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by pritch109 »

hi doc this has happened when we removed the British gas rear racking , now no interior light how do we reset everything light up on dash board
pritch109
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by pritch109 »

will disconnectioning the battery allow a reset or is this a visit to the vw van centre to reset the lights?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Check the cabin fuse panel.
Fuse 46 up to April 2011
Fuse 22 from May 2011
That's the factory fuse location. BG added their own fuse panel behind the glove box but I think that was only for their extra lights.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
pritch109
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by pritch109 »

with regards to my post above when we were removing the racking etc the rear roof light came apart it was at this point the lights failed.i have replaced the rear light to with no led attached no lights ,reconnected the two led light nothing one led broke on removal whilst disconnected I have then replaced all working ones still nothing, so the set up is now

original light front ands rear two legs in rear and one above driver seat still no lights .

to late to check tonight re power but there is an orange bulb warning light on the dash
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The interior lights do not bring on the dash bulb warning light.

pritch109
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by pritch109 »

again will check the fuses tomorrow but they do seem ok having seen the wiring set up British Gas have piggy back into the rear light set up with an inline fuse,
rear wiring by British Gas
pritch109
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by pritch109 »

this is our fuse box below the steering wheel
fuse box
fuse box
pritch109
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by pritch109 »

fuse 22 it was need new glasses old age I hate it off to get a fuse will update on return
pritch109
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by pritch109 »

And now for a rant , no garages in my area have fuses for sale!!!!!! Alcohol cakes washing powder everything but car parts !!!!±!!!
pritch109
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by pritch109 »

ok so update.|:

1 fuse blown replaced all working fine
2 blub warning light out on dash

so it would appear that with regards to the interior light system if the fuse blows the bulb warning light does in fact illuminate

many thanks yet again Doc for the help.
Pritch

also can't believe how poorly British Gas wired the light up
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Nice one.

Interesting regarding the bulb error light, I'll have to check that one out. I know if you just remove a bulb it doesn't show an error.

pritch109
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by pritch109 »

Only thing I can think of is that the circuit has failed and that the cad system picks this up . I removed several led strips to check if this brought up the error bulb but no. Suugest removing fuse to replicate fault?
Again thanks
Roosty
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Roosty »

I have this problem after removing the roof panels to carpet them.

I have checked the fuses and they all seem fine however I hope I am mistaken.

Please would you circle the fuse you replaced in your picture, because the guide on the internet is upside down and this introduces the element of doubt.

I really don't want to pay a garage to sort this issue out but I do want my lights back!

Thanks
Milk was a bad choice