Caddy Window Conversion - Please Help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Wayneboy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Caddy Window Conversion - Please Help

Post by Wayneboy »

Hello chaps. Good old Richard Gibbs tried fitting touran donated electric windows to my 63 plate caddy today. Unfortunately he had an issue as when fitted the central locking stopped working. Also the passenger side window would only operate from drivers side switches.

All the bits I have are from a 2006 Touran but the loom that goes to the actual window switch on the passenger side is from a 2003 (see pic) Could that loom be the issue why both the central locking and passenger switch aren't operating or is it something else?

The main power looms we are using are especially made up for 2011 onwards (see pic) I've just about had enough of these windows now FFS. Any help would be hugely appreciated ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy Window Conversion - Please Help [emoji22]

Post by Doc »

Fitting parts that were 8 and 11 years old when your vehicle was built is never going to be simple and straightforward.
Unfortunately, the looms in your caddy doors are for a 3rd generation door control module and you are fitting a 1st or 2nd generation module.
Progression of the platform meant that while the modules were updated, the wiring configuration is also slightly different.
I don't have the diagrams to hand right now but to fit these modules and have them work correctly will require some rearranging of the wires on the loom plug into the door control module. Should be quite simple to complete it now you have everything in place.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Wayneboy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Wayneboy »

Doc wrote:Fitting parts that were 8 and 11 years old when your vehicle was built is never going to be simple and straightforward.
Unfortunately, the looms in your caddy doors are for a 3rd generation door control module and you are fitting a 1st or 2nd generation module.
Progression of the platform meant that while the modules were updated, the wiring configuration is also slightly different.
I don't have the diagrams to hand right now but to fit these modules and have them work correctly will require some rearranging of the wires on the loom plug into the door control module. Should be quite simple to complete it now you have everything in place.
Hi Doc, thank you for your comprehensive reply mate, I really appreciate it. If and when you could lay your hands on the wiring diagram I would be extremely grateful. I'm now becoming frustrated with this whole converison and those awful keep fit windows. Once again a huge thanks for your reply and advice Image

Brighton27
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Brighton27 »

Hi did you ever get the wiring diagrams to rearrange the pins in the loom? I have the same issues sadly
Cheers, Rob

2012 1.6 maxi
Brighton27
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Brighton27 »

So I managed to figure out how the pins need to be configured to get the central locking working again.
My van looms are all white with numbers. I used window motors and switches from a 2010 caddy with the coloured wiring loom. I used my existing wiring from the door jam up to the motor and repinned it as follows:

Pin. Wire number.
1. Blank
2. 102
3. 103
4. Blank
5. Blank
6. 107
7. 115
8. 108
9. 109
10. Blank
11. Blank
12. 111
13. 116
14. Blank
15. Blank
16. 113
17. Blank
18. 112

I also ran a fused 12v permanent live up to the large pin 20.
Repeat for the passenger side, although this has 1 or 2 less wires so just miss those out
Cheers, Rob

2012 1.6 maxi
scatman75
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by scatman75 »

I'm having an issue also with door actuator not being recognized, windows messing about, looks like a new door was fitted to my caddy with a 1k0 harness, the passenger side is 1t0 , is there a wiring diagram for the t18 pin control module plug ..
thanks
solstainer
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by solstainer »

Hi there,
Had similar issue with door module upgrade, did you manage to solve the door lock recognition issue?

Mine cycles a while once locked.

TomTree
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Caddy Window Conversion - Please Help

Post by TomTree »

Brighton27, which way have you numbered the pins. Left-right, top to bottom or 1-10 down the left 11-20 down the right.
djandyk
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by djandyk »

can i ask where did you get the 12 v feed loom from please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mojocaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by mojocaddy »

Andrew McKnight off Instagram sold me a plug in 12v live cable. Went straight into each door loom and into the fuse board under drivers wheel.
The Bear
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by The Bear »

Evening, all I have the same problem also I have fitted 2020 doors with electric windows and mirrors white wires. Van is a 2010 without electric windows and mirrors . Any help is much appreciated.