Fitting GTD seats to a Caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Late-duber
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Fitting GTD seats to a Caddy

Post by Late-duber »

Just picked up some 7.5 GTD seats, and touran bases, for my current caddy, I've got touran sport seats and bases in my other caddy, seating position is very good,as they all adjust hight wise, they should go a little lower than standard caddy seats, there definitely better once fitted thanks standard caddy seats 👍
Late-duber
100BHP+

Post by Late-duber »

O, and kept both storage compartments, very handy👍
Late-duber
100BHP+

Post by Late-duber »

So, just finished fitting the GTD seats and Touran bases, I can now confirm that the seating position is slightly higher than standard caddy seats, even with the max adjust down, the Touran sport seats in my other caddy sit lower than the GTD ones do, I like a slightly lower driving position myself, so I ma try the GTD seats with the standard caddy base as I really like the GTD seats, I'll probably try at the weekend and see how it feels then??
Late-duber
100BHP+

Post by Late-duber »

So I've taken out the Touran basses now and modified the caddy bases, the seating position is much better now, there's a lot more adjustment available and the slope on the base of the seat is less severe,
Sero62
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Sero62 »

I just got my MK7 R seats now. I want to go with caddy bases, to sit lower. But can anyone tell me where I need to drill which holes? Maybe someone got pictures? Do I need to change bolts/screws even when I go with caddy bases?
greasemonkey82
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by greasemonkey82 »

Hi

What did you do about the wiring, have you found an adaption loom from caddy to golf

Many thanks
YoshiMc
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by YoshiMc »

@Late-duber
I am thinking about doing exactly the same to mine so hard trying to find some on Ebay (no one is selling the front seats alone it’s always a complete interior 🙃) how did you get on with yours? do you have any photos?

i would prefer the lower seated position to any tips on how you modded the caddy bases to make it work?
Last edited by Giddy on Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Late-duber
100BHP+

Post by Late-duber »

@YoshiMc

I re drilled the caddy base to allow the GTD seat to be bolted onto it, I did make a slight alteration to the seat also, there's a locating hook/pin thing on the front of the seat runner, I cut it off.
norwar
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by norwar »

I have a mk4 that does not bring or height adjustment in the seats, would they be just as valid for the mk4?
ianr5000
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ianr5000 »

How do you wire up the side air bag and seat belt connectors under seat just the connectors on caddy maxi are completely different connector plugs on the mk7 golf seats?

Just my 2017 caddy maxi has side air bags in seat and so does the R-line Mk 7 golf seats I have purchased but the wiring harness connectors under the seats are completely different, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Lockstock
Hyper Poster

Post by Lockstock »

lots of threads on this. Do a search.
The caddy uses a simple two wire resistive circuite for occupancy in the passenger seat. The seatbelt is a two wire, open/closed circuit.

The airbags are a 3 wire connector.

I swapped my caddy buckles onto the new seat, so those connectors just worked. For the passenger occupancy I cut the caddy connector off, and soldered onto the new seat (I had to add a resistor, but this will depend on the type of occupancy sensor in your new sear).

For the airbags, I had Tommyzoom make me a plug and play adapter.
baba850r
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by baba850r »

Is their anyone on the forum able to make adapters for the plugs for the airbag and heated seats for a 2016 highline with factory heated seats to go on to mk7.5 golf r seats?