engine conversion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
kerrcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Re: engine conversion

Post by kerrcaddy »

pazza was the engine etc easy enough to do ,cheers
kerrcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kerrcaddy »

whats the thoughts on a mk5 gti swap into a 57 plate caddy,cheers
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Very doable and can be made to look like it left the factory with the engine in.
Lots of wiring required, ECU, engine bay fuse box. The steering rack needs changed to electric and the ABS module will need to be changed to support the ECU.
I've done a few, I can't give you a list of the wiring changes as that's had days and days of my time put in to get it fully detailed for my benefit.
Armed with the above information you can draw your own conclusions as to whether it is something you are capable of.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
gjseb
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by gjseb »

Sorry to hi Jack the thread but do you know what cost are involved doc or how much you would charge for doing conversion
Chrispope26197
100BHP+

Post by Chrispope26197 »

Hi I’d be interested in how much and if you would be able to engine swap my 07 sdi to a tdi or mk5 gti engine?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

There is no one size fits all price, contact me via email if you are serious about having a conversion. Be prepared with engine codes (current and doner), manual/DSG, Air conditioning, anything you want done at the same time.

To give you a starting point, the manual-manual conversation takes around 8-10 days in wiring, requires £540 of fuel tank and lines, mechanically the swap is a day and a half in labour for two people. Add 3 days for DSG wiring if you wanted to go manual-DSG. Allow for sundries such as fluids, exhaust adaptor to get you to a fabrication place, disposal for your doner car, it all adds up.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Chrispope26197
100BHP+

Post by Chrispope26197 »

Hi mate what’s your email? I think I’m wanting just a straight swap for a tdi engine and the 6 speed gearbox
But I have no clue on what engine is best to stick in so it’s a fair bit nippier!
gjseb
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by gjseb »

Snap me to doc send me your email I am want diesel to petrol and I am currently doing running dsg so want to stay with that
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

My email address is the same that your registration and activation emails came from.
Please don't email me asking for information which is already on the forum or which doesn't need to be discussed on a private 1:1 basis, the forum is here for that discussion.

Chrispope26197
100BHP+

Post by Chrispope26197 »

Emailed you doc!
kerrcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kerrcaddy »

thanks doc,what engine where u suggesting ,,the mk5 gti or the mk4 1.8 turbo,thanks
kerrcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kerrcaddy »

doc looking to get as much info as I can before I buy a donner car lol,cheers
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I don't have experience with the 1.8T and I don't think it can go in a caddy chassis and be completely fault and error code free. The mk5 2.0TFSI is the oldest engine I'd consider fitting in a caddy.

I'm fitting a mk7 generation (EA888 Gen3) 2.0TSI engine in my caddy in the coming weeks. I guess, with the correct research and checking you can make anything from mk5 up to mk7 fit and be fault and error code free.

kerrcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kerrcaddy »

cheers doc are u a vw tech,so I could put a more modern engine in,newer gti ,or audi s3 etc,what aboutfuel tank pump and front driveshafts and hubs etc,thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

No, I'm not a VW technician, I'm a electrician with an obsession for Caddys.
The caddy came in petrol form so a petrol tank and pump are available. The fuel lines to suit are also available.
Hubs, drive shafts, etc. you can retain from your caddy or maybe from the donor car. mk5&6 hubs are compatible with all Caddys.