engine conversion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
kerrcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Re: engine conversion

Post by kerrcaddy »

ok thanks doc,cheers for your help,am a vw tech so av always wanted to put a petrol engine in a caddy,but not got a lot f space to try lots of difrent parts eg drive shafts ,cv joints etc to get it all to come together,so I was looking for someone who has lol
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Oh nice, you shouldn't have any trouble getting it done but I do understand the VW technician training doesn't teach you anything about cross compatibility or putting parts where they were never put from the factory.
There's lots of discussion on this subject in the technical forum, you should have a look. I've posted some photos of the extent of the wiring from the last conversion I carried out.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
kerrcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kerrcaddy »

lol I know about putting different engines in cars years ago, it was a bit of a hobbie doc lol,back in the days of old fords ,mini.s etc lol,but you are right being in vw doesn't help with putting parts where they never where before lol,when u have time u can give me the low down on what parts and wiring need changed then I will get my doner car,cheers doc
Cooperolly
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cooperolly »

Hi, I'm new on this thread and also about to do my first mk5 gti 2.0tfsi swap into a 57 caddy. I was hoping to just use everything out of the golf including all wiring and modules as I have a full working doner car.
My question is. Is that possible and if not why not? :)
thanks any help is really appreciated!
Fuelout
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Fuelout »

Hi all ive got a 2013 caddy that recently suffered piston little end damage and was wondering if it would be easy enough to put a 2.0 tdl in there