Help/advice needed please................

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
danlurch
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Help/advice needed please................

Post by danlurch »

Hello, i'm after some advice/direction!!! I've a 2014 caddy highline.
I've purchased a new old stock genuine blaupunkt stereo , a blaupunkt wolfsberg.

I've tried to install it myself, seemed easy enough, came with a load of connection looms.
I got it in and fired up, Radio, Cd, all works, bluetooth connects to phone etc.

I can hear the outgoing call, but I they can't hear me. It came with a plug in mic, but I had handsfrees on original system that worked, so there must be a mic somewhere already?

Same as parking sensors , new stereo recognizes the vans in reverse and switches to reversing display sensors not communicating with head unit?

The instruction manual that came with it doesn't give much away with regards to installation.
Just a basic connection drawing on back page, more about operating it.

With the new stereo and loom, every old wire from the dash is connected, apart from one.
Its a double connector block ,one side seems to be the Radio aerial, which i've connected to.
I've no idea what the other side is? And have no suitable new connections to plug into it?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, I wasn't sure what topic to post this under so feel free to move/or tell me.

You'll have to excuse me if i'm missing something obvious, last time I modded a car stereo it was simple, live, earth, speaker wire, set of 6x9's in my parcel shelf!! ( F reg Golf gti, 8 valve ,but big bumpers and BBS alloys)
Probably around 1996, none of this handsfree, or parking sensors to worry about!!

Thanks Dan
derMaD
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Re: Help/advice needed please................

Post by derMaD »

Hi Dan, the oem mic is in the interieur lamp and its cable is routed to the "handsfree module" (under seat?).
You have to re-route it to the new head unit.

The pdc signal comes over can bus -probably you only have to code the new head unit.

MaD
Knowledge is very special: You don't have less if you share it. 8)
danlurch
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Help/advice needed please................

Post by danlurch »

Hi MaD,
Thanks for the reply, got parking sensors working, i'll have a play with the handsfree.
I'm waiting for a dab aerial and tuner box, and reversing camera to be delivered. So a bit of a work in progress, undoubtedly I'll be back asking for more advice!