2014 1.6tdi injectors?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
CostadelCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

2014 1.6tdi injectors?

Post by CostadelCaddy »

Hi guys I'm new to here so please take it easy and apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section.
I've just purchased a 2014 Caddy 1.6tdi and have read that it can be quite common for the injectors to fail. Most of the injector fails I have read seem to be on earlier models, did VW change the injectors on the 2014? Didn't know if it was a period of years where there was a particular injector problems? My caddy has done 82k. Thanks in advance everyone 😁👌🏼
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: 2014 1.6tdi injectors?

Post by Lister79 »

Hi mate, I believe the majority of issues is with earlier models with Bosch injectors however I also have a 2014 (with Bosch injectors) and mine has had 1 injector replaced. Siemens injectors don’t appear to have issues if that helps. I wouldn’t let it worry you though as it’s just one of those things either you’ll have a problem or you won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

All the 1.6TDIs have Siemens injectors, they run a Siemens ECU and don't come with Bosch. There was some confusion some years back due to the VW part number changing from ending in B to ending in S but that had nothing to do with Bosch/Siemens.
The old injectors, with part number ending in B do seem to fail a lot but the S revision isn't infallible either. Unless you've driven every single mile yourself, know the care taken and that quality fuel has been used, there's no way to say if you wont have a problem.
If you're really concerned, carry a spare and get breakdown cover but it might never be an issue for you.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
CostadelCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by CostadelCaddy »

Thanks for the info chaps and your valuable knowledge. Like you say it's hit n miss but gunna buy a spare to keep in van just in case like you've suggested. Got breakdown cover also so no point worrying about it till it happens. Cheers again 👍🏼
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

2014 1.6tdi injectors?

Post by the swan fiend »

An AA patrolman told me that some recovery vans carry injectors for the 1.6 TDI. I have no idea weather the RAC carry them too.
It may not be the most cost effective way of having an injector changed. Nor may they have any ‘in stock’ when you need one, but it’s an option to consider, rather than buying one you may never need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
GYCADDY
Caddy Fan

Post by GYCADDY »

I have had this issue twice in the last ten days and been dealt with by the RAC

The first time just East of Glasgow, the RAC guy had an injector and fitted it on the road side , Charged £400 but no issues and on my way.

The second time, an RAC contractor turned up with no injector and said he didn't have the skill set to change one at the roadside anyway which i found laughable as its quite a straight forward job as you all know , they towed my van away to Glasgow and an RAC approved garage that i won't name due to legal reasons changed my injector ( with the spare i carry) however they never changed my seals on my fuel return line so I had a huge diesel leak which i only noticed when my engine bay was steaming in the outside line on the M74
needless to say i was recovered again and I am waiting for my van to arrive home on a low loader
I have two other new injectors, seals, bolts etc and this will be fitted by a local garage that i trust

so to cut a long story short with the RAC its pot luck, some carry them and some don't so I just hope your lucky if it happens to you
RAC guy said it tends to be the vans in the more remote areas that carry them but the urban ones don't really bother as they will just tow you to the nearest garage.
Astrohunter
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Astrohunter »

My 2013 Caddy had an injector fail the other day. 44k - breakdown was passed to a subcontractor as i was in Wales at the time.
He read the code but couldn't help any further so it was a long run back on the tow truck.

The garage it went to replaced the injector but also recommend a software update. Van connects to VW while running and then updates. Supposed to make it run quieter but no idea if helps injector life?
brownmaximan
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by brownmaximan »

Was recovered earlier this year for injector, RAC man said they don’t carry them now after one snapped off and they had to pay for repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

So my van blown injector in cylinder 2 which is bosch, I've just purchased a siemens one from darkside development's will this matter that its different brand and would there be any coding required once changed?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If you genuinely have a Bosch injector then the Siemens injector is not compatible.
Which engine do you have?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

1.6tdi 102bhp dude 2012 plate?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Your original injector will be a Siemens, you'll be fine with the replacement you've ordered.

Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

So whats that then was the Siemens put in as replacements to bosch ones? Cheers doc

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Bosch injectors are used in the older PD engines and the 2.0 TDI common rail engine. All the 1.6TDI Caddys have Siemens injectors from the factory as they use Siemens management.

Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Thank god haha well thanks very much doc