Rear LED Lights

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Rear LED Lights

Post by DeanWhit »

Just wondering, is £80 expensive for coding the rear light upgrade? Seems a bit steep to me but I don't know any different.
peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Rear LED Lights

Post by peely »

I personally wouldn’t pay that , it doesn’t take an hour to code .
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

It's all relevant.
If you are in central London and the guy is coming 40 miles to visit you and do it then probably not.
If you are traveling to someone then it's absolutely extortionate.
I've already said several times on the forum how much I charge for the Caddy4 tail light fittings and coding. It's a lot less than £80.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

FYI, I assume you are talking about Caddy4 rear lights on a 2010-2015 generation caddy?
If so, the Caddy4 rear lights are not LED, at least not from the factory.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster

Post by DeanWhit »

Ahh right. I assumed they needed coding as I've read a few threads and it was mentioned in them.
It's a company about 2 miles from my house. I don't mind travelling to get coding done but I'd wait until I needed a few items done in 1 go to make it worth it.
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster

Post by DeanWhit »

These are the lights FWIWImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

They’re cheaper from VW than they are from there.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yep, those are the standard UK Caddy4 tail lights.
The coding isn't straight forward for 2010-2015 Caddys but £80 is a bit much. Fair play to the guy if he's getting it but I wouldn't have the nerve to ask that much.

Mainframex
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mainframex »

You dont have to code that i think, only swap some wire in the connectors is enough.