Heater blower broken

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Lofty95
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Heater blower broken

Post by Lofty95 »

Hi everyone my heater on my mk2 caddy only works on setting “4”, can anyone tell me which part I need to replace to get 123 to work? Thanks in advance
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Heater blower broken

Post by Doc »

Not sure about mk2 Caddys but on the 2k chassis mk3/4 this is usually down to a blown fan resistor due to poorly fan bearings.
Maybe do a Google search for that in relation to a mk2 as it might be the same.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Lofty95
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Lofty95 »

Sorry I meant 2k not mk2 thanks for your help just checked and it hasn’t even got one so previous owner must have been half way through repairing it thanks for your help
Greg The Great
100BHP+

Post by Greg The Great »

Replaced the fan resistor recently on mine, which after a few days blew again. Now waiting for a new fan and and another resistor (not sure I'm allowed to say which company I got it from) Hoping this will fix the issue.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

No reason why you cant say where you go it from, there's no censorship on here.
Usually there is no need for a new fan, if it's just stiff a little lubrication of the fan bearings sorts them out just fine.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

I noticed my fan was a little noisy the other day. I’d not used the van in a few days. How easy is it to get to Doc? I’ll give mine a little spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Greg The Great
100BHP+

Post by Greg The Great »

I got the parts from onlinecarparts.co.uk. The resistor (VW part No. 1K0959263A) and fan (VW Part No. 1K2819015C) including delivery was about £80. The fan costs about £60 so wish I had known about the lub fix.

I used the following video on youtube for guidence, real easy job, [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udddO991HlI[/youtube]
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

@the swan fiend skip to 4:45 in the linked video, you see how to remove the fan.
Once you have it out, you can undo the motor from the frame by pushing the three rubber tabs.
I usually use 3in1 or silicone oil on the bearings top and bottom.
Because the bottom bearing in in a "well" in the plastic frame, I like to flood that before reassembly so the bottom bearing gets lots of oil around it.
It's usually the bottom bearing which is sticky as any water that comes into the air intake will pool around it.

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Thanks gents. I’ll have a look at it. I’ll put it on my growing caddy to do list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Greg The Great
100BHP+

Post by Greg The Great »

Parts finally arrived and fitted along with a new pollen filter, took a week to deliver!

Fan now working on 1, 2 &3 hopefully for a bit longer than last time.