1.8 20v turbo ?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
racman
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

1.8 20v turbo ?

Post by racman »

Question gents can the mk4 golf gti turbo be fitted in the caddy bay and what gearbox would you use also concerned about the curling and the dash as lots of canbus on the caddy cheers
I come here for R&R
BB13
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: 1.8 20v turbo ?

Post by BB13 »

Hi mate

The mk4 gti engine can be fitted but depending on what engine code it is, as the older mk4 engines are cable throttles not DBW.

I have ran a 1.8t on my caddy, would i run one again....no lol IMO now there are so many better swaps to be done, As where the 1.8t engines are getting on a bit now. But if you do go for one, i used a o2j 5 speed box on mine with the caddy 5 speed shafts. it all pretty much bolts in. You will lose things like Cruise control as how the caddy one works is totally different to the mk4 platform type. Drop me a message if you need any more info and i will try my best to answer.
Shropy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Shropy »

https://ibb.co/RC6LD24

Been putting mine back together tonight πŸ‘πŸ» Got the 6 speed started as a 225 bam before I blew it up πŸ˜‚ coming back stronger though πŸ‘πŸ»

It’s fairly easy to do but if you need a hand give me a message !
racman
Caddy Fan

Post by racman »

BB13 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:16 pm Hi mate

The mk4 gti engine can be fitted but depending on what engine code it is, as the older mk4 engines are cable throttles not DBW.

I have ran a 1.8t on my caddy, would i run one again....no lol IMO now there are so many better swaps to be done, As where the 1.8t engines are getting on a bit now. But if you do go for one, i used a o2j 5 speed box on mine with the caddy 5 speed shafts. it all pretty much bolts in. You will lose things like Cruise control as how the caddy one works is totally different to the mk4 platform type. Drop me a message if you need any more info and i will try my best to answer.
Many thanks 😊
I come here for R&R
racman
Caddy Fan

Post by racman »

Shropy wrote: ↑Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:28 pm https://ibb.co/RC6LD24

Been putting mine back together tonight πŸ‘πŸ» Got the 6 speed started as a 225 bam before I blew it up πŸ˜‚ coming back stronger though πŸ‘πŸ»

It’s fairly easy to do but if you need a hand give me a message !
Cheers mate πŸ‘
I come here for R&R