Lights

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Lights

Post by Doc »

You've clearly not taken on board the reply I gave you just yesterday. I don't know why I bother.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
timangus
Caddy Fan

Post by timangus »

For those of us who haven't (yet) got MFD stalks/MFSW, and thus don't have access to the MFD, is there a way to disable DRL permanently using VCDS? I had a look through the various coding options but couldn't see anything obvious. I have enabled the option that turns the lights off when the handbrake is on, but would rather they were just off all the time tbh.
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

@timangus The answer you seek is literally (ie. spelled out exactly) in this thread. :roll:
Last edited by Giddy on Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
timangus
Caddy Fan

Post by timangus »

I did read it fairly carefully and didn't find the answer. If you're referring to the thing with the left hand stalk/ignition on combination, that didn't work for me. I googled a bit and found out somewhere (can't remember where) that this is only an option on older vehicles.
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

@timangus Works on mine, which is same model year as yours.
Last edited by Giddy on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
timangus
Caddy Fan

Post by timangus »

I don't think that really means very much tbh; the respective BCMs we have are probably more salient.
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

@timangus
Perhaps you should try it again? Because it works on a wide range of VWs and your earlier assertion that it only works on models older than yours is not true. In addition, look at the VCDS screenshot, where clearing bit 2 should turn them off.
Last edited by Giddy on Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
timangus
Caddy Fan

Post by timangus »

Had a quick look at lunch; no bueno, doesn't seem to work on my van. I did see bit 2 when I was investigating before, but it was already cleared so didn't bother with it. Turning it on doesn't have any obvious effect. Toggling the handbrake bit works though. No big deal, I'll just wait until I have MFD access.
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

@timangus
Weird. Another way is via VCP, editing the lighting profile. I'll have a look on VCDS next time I hook it up, and report back here, there is almost certainly another method there.
Last edited by Giddy on Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
timangus
Caddy Fan

Post by timangus »

Bit of an update to this. While doing something else I noticed byte 9, bit 7: "Manual Activation/Deactivation for Daytime/Permanent Running Lights (DRL/PRL) suppressed". This was enabled. I disabled it and now the left hand stalk pull back/down thing (the Manual Activation/Deactivation) works just fine.
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

Interesting. I thought the suppression option only affected the MFD menu option. Seems you found out it affects all manual methods to turn off DRL.