Caddy/touran similarities

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Shropy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Caddy/touran similarities

Post by Shropy »

Hi,
I’m looking to do a facelift to my van, it’s currently a mk3 56 plate shape and want to just freshen it up ! I’m looking at buying a complete front end off, what I assume, is a mk4 caddy ? Or potentially a touran.
Are all the wings and front panels etc the same between the two and if so what is the best front bumper to go for ?
Thanks !
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy/touran similarities

Post by Doc »

Hi @Shropy welcome to the forum.
The only Touran bumper that is a straight fit to your 2006 Caddy is that from a 2003-2007 Touran or 2004-2010 Caddy.
Caddy4 front end conversion involves a lot more work, right the way back to the B pillar.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Shropy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Caddy/touran similarities

Post by Shropy »

That’s what I’m after really mate, after a complete new front end as the wings are rusty, bumpers been chopped and front panel is smashed ! So I was going to facelift the whole thing.
Can I use touran wings etc off the newer ones along with maybe a bumper if they are interchangeable ?
I’m also after a bit of a parts list if, I did see one of the forum a while back but I can no longer view it I don’t think :(
Cheers pal :D